Cold-blooded 🧡🪶Rise x Gender!Neutral Reader (headcanon)

As a little explanation before we start, I want to go ahead and say that headcanons are likely going to be in this format. Short and sweet. While my other imagines are typically going to be 1000+ words. Now that that's out of the way, I hope you enjoy! ^^

* * *

Ever since Mikey could remember, he's always had issues with warming up.
One of the downsides to being a mutant turtle is that he is quite literally, cold-blooded.

Often times he will be cozying up in a hoodie and fluffy blanket, especially during colder months.

You caught on to this behavior rather quickly and devised a plan.

Mikey was sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket in an attempt to get warm. He notices you as you walk towards him, and brightens immediately.

"Hey Mike, whatcha up to?" You ask sweetly.

"Well uhm, trying to warm up, I get cold easy, since I'm... y'know, cold-blooded. It's hard for me to keep warm sometimes." He explains.

You nod your head, understandingly, and sit down next to him.

"Hey Mikey."

"Yeah?"

"Come here." You beckon him to you with your hand.

The box turtle blushes, but obliges and scoots closer.

You smile, quickly wrapping your arms around his shell as he jolts slightly, surprised at your sudden movements.

You then grab a good hold of him and pull him downward onto you, as you flop down on the couch.

"W-Woah! Hey!" He exclaims, blushing madly, until you pull the blanket out from under him and let it drape over the both of you.

He was cold, and you suppressed a shiver as his cool skin and plastron graced yours.

He soon relaxed as he felt your warmth and soft skin sooth his chill.

You moved your hands gently over the indents and grooves on the back of his shell, giving him goosebumps.

You slowly began scratching the back of his shell and he sighed heavily.

Mikey nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck as you continued, relishing in your warmth and scratches. This was perfect.

You reached a spot right above the center and he let out a small, involuntary chirp and flinched immediately realizing what he had done.

Your expression perked up immediately. "What was that lovely?" You teased, although in all honesty you were fighting the urge to giggle.

"N-Nothing!!-" he began before letting out several more as you traced the spot again.

"Oh my god you're so cute!" You beamed, causing the box turtle's face to grow terribly red.

You sigh happily and he follows a few moments after, and soon enough your struggling to keep your eyes open.

"I love you." You murmured, raising a hand up to his head, and caressing it with your thumb.

"I love you too." He mumbled back. He was seconds away from dreamland.

You relaxed, feeling his plastron rise, and fall peacefully against you. This was definitely something you two would have to do again.