94.

HI BUBS!!! i cannot even explain the joy i feel being able to continue this story for y'all. i wish i hadn't lost motivation for so long but honestly it was understandable with everything that was going on in my life this past year or so 😭 i think writing is gonna be really good for me rn though so here i am :)) ALSO THIS CHAPTER IS ALMOST 5000 WORDS HELLO??

anyways, enjoy enjoy enjoy!!

I avoid any greeting towards my mother's fiancé, feeling no need to even learn his name. It's not as if he seemed cruel in anyway, I just genuinely could not care less.

My mother seems to be able to read my stiff body language, leading the group into the house rather than trying to push me to do something I don't want to do. Good.

"Here are the rooms me and Thomas have picked out for all of you," She smiles at us, gesturing towards two rooms across from each other.

My gaze quickly moves from the floor to her as I hear the name she has said. I don't feel any particular way about this name, though it feels weird to learn it. Giving him a name makes him feel more real, which essentially makes the whole situation feel more real.

"Cool, thanks." I respond with a monotone voice, pushing my lips into a straight line to imitate some sort of smile before quickly picking up my trunk and walking into one of the rooms.

The group mumbles their gratitude to her before following me into the room.

While all of them begin inspecting the decorations within the room, I sit down on one of the beds, a shaky exhale leaving my lips. My fingers press down against the tip of my eyebrows as I inhale deeply. The stress and anxiety had been coming in waves recently.

I feel the presence of someone near me, though I keep my head relaxed in my hands. After a few moments of this I watch as his shoe slowly slides toward mine, nudging me a few times.

With a confused expression fixed upon my face, I look up at Draco, questioning his actions.

His expression had a hint of concern in it, though rather than the concern feeling like pity it felt like more of a curiosity.

"I'm sure I could figure out a way to get them all out of here if you need a break," He says quietly, searching my eyes as he leans against the edge of the bed, his hands in his pockets.

I glance toward the rest of the group as the three of them inspect one of the many paintings in the room, Pansy nudging Theo as if he has just said something completely idiotic. When my eyes move back to Draco he's still looking at me, clearly ready to help in anyway.

"Suddenly so soft for me, Malfoy?" I cock my head to the side, teasingly narrowing my eyes at him.

He scoffs quietly, breaking our eye contact as he rests his head back on the bed frame, slowly shaking it. "Can never accept any help from me, can you?"

I get up from the bed, gently biting my bottom lip. "Surely you know me better than that." I meet his eyes, giving him a quick up and down look before walking away to join the others.

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -_
- - - - - -

THREE DAYS UNTIL THE WEDDING

Although I would like to spend all day with my friends and ignore what's needed of me for the wedding, as the event becomes closer, my life becomes busier.

One of the things making me busier being rehearsals.

"Do you know who's playing an instrument as you sing?" Pansy questions, taking a sip of her tea.