43.

heyyy bubssss! sadly I have a small cold that I got from my sister (I know it's not COVID because she tested negative, don't worry) sooo I have lots of time to write which is very fun:))

Anywaysss, I hope you enjoy!!

The day was finally here; picking the Triwizard contestants.

There was an anxious aura around the school before the ceremony, though now that we had our answers, no one knew what to say.

As I stormed through the school towards the Slytherin common room I heard many conversations. Some about how mad they were at Harry for entering. Some betting on who would win.

Pansy had been feeling slightly sick today, so she couldn't make it to the ceremony. So here I was, rushing through the heavily filled corridors, on my way to tell her everything that had just happened.

Although a part of me wanted to go see if Harry was okay, I knew that he'd be surrounded by his Gryffindor friends, who annoyingly enough, seem to hate me.

I pick up my pace slightly once I'm in the dungeons, my robes flying behind me.

"Y/n!" A voice calls out for me, making my body freeze immediately, though not from who it was, but what he said.

My eyes widen as I slowly turn around to look at the boy jogging up to me.

"Wow- using first names now, huh?" I ask sarcastically, though I'm actually surprised.

"Isn't it more... respectful?" Draco responds cheekily, clasping his hands behind his back.

"I'm not sure if that's how you earn respect," I raise my eyebrows, smiling slightly.

"Really? Then how would one earn respect?"

"I'd love to tell you but I'm actually quite busy right now," I shrug, acting as if I actually feel bad.

He smirks slightly, as his head nods slowly.

"Alright then, see you later." he keeps nodding, before turning around slowly and walking away.

I laugh quietly to myself before running up and saying the password for the common room.

_ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _
- - - - - -

"It was all so weird!" I explain to Pansy, as she coughs and sniffles once in awhile. "I mean Krum, Fleur, and Cedric's weren't beyond weird obviously, but then Harry's name just flew out of nowhere,"

"What was everyone's reaction?" She asks curiously, before blowing her nose aggressively.

I scrunch my nose up in disgust at the sound before answering. "Well Slytherin wasn't happy, though that was to be expected. Gryffindor just seemed pretty confused. I'm not sure about the other houses though."

"What about the-" Pansy starts, though pauses as she coughs a few times. "Professors?"

I stay silent for a moment as I imagine the scene in my head.

FLASHBACK

Dumbledore caught the flying piece of paper, a moment of silence following afterwards.

His bright and light blue eyes glance at me for a second before he reads the name out slowly.

"Harry Potter,"

The great hall goes wild. Gasps fill the area before objections and questions take over.

"How did he cheat the system?" "He's only 14!" "That isn't fair!" "I bet he got someone to do it for him!"