What's behind the shadow

"What did she mean?" Lea asked her girlfriend after Alex had sped away

"Apparently she's a sprinter... and I think she's my half-sister..."

"What?"

"Apparently, your mom and my dad were having an affair... in 2015"

"WHAT!? Are you telling me that my sister is also your sister?! What does that make us?"

"You and Alex are related only through your mother, I am supposedly related to her only through my father, so you and I, it's just you and me"

"What do you mean by supposedly?"

"There's just something not right in Alex's story..."

"What?"

"Up until a few days ago I might have believed it was possible, but now...after meeting my father...he would never have abandoned Alex...even if he and Patty ended their relationship...he would have stayed for her daughter"

"Do you have a better explanation for my sister being a speedster?"

"No... but what can you tell me about what your mother had called Alex's father until now?"

"Nothing... she never talked about him and Alex never asked for anything"

"Nothing?"

"Well, I once asked about him in front of Mom and Alex when she was 16... Mom cried and ran upstairs without saying a word..."

"How strange..." Nora thought

"We never talked about that day... Mom hadn't even left her room to prepare dinner, we ended up ordering a pizza and ate in silence listening to Mom crying from upstairs"

"This is more serious than I expected..."

"I just... I don't even think he's your father, I mean...

It feels strange to say it, but... I have known your father for longer than you have known him... I have worked with him for months, I cannot imagine that he could have abandoned my mother and my sister causing my mother a similar trauma"

"There will be an explanation, trust me we will find out"

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Lea asked as Nora started to explore around

"What?"

"Honey! I'm still handcuffed to this chair!"

Allen's House

"Alexis never told me anything, but that doesn't mean she kept anything from me! Especially since as far as she knows she's not a meta! She shouldn't even know!"

"Patty, the powers of those born meta develop at different stages of growth... There are conflicting data... Nora discovered them at 9, Jenna I know she discovered them at 16...

Alexis... She may never have wanted to share it with you...she may not have had the courage to tell you about it..."

"Why would he have had trouble talking to me about it!? There's no reason to..."

"Patty, you never talked about Alex's father, maybe she's convinced you two broke up when you found out about his powers and she got a bad idea..."

"Stop making up excuses to insult my daughter by calling her a monster"

"Patty, I'm not accusing your daughter of being a monster!" shouted Barry "I'm worried about her! You have to admit things are against her... please do you have any idea where she might be hiding if..."

"You say you care about her, but you don't show it, until now all you've done is accuse her of murder and kidnapping"

"Patty, I don't want to be right, I don't want your daughter to be guilty! But there seems to be no other explanation for this"

"How can you even think that he is guilty! She's a wonderful girl and... she's my daughter!"

"Patty..."

"Please stop... leave me alone!" Patty said, unable to bear the doubt was starting to grow in her heart

"Sure..." Caitlin said "Come on Barry, let's go..." she added dragging him out of the bathroom

"Caitlin, what's wrong with you?"

"You can't expect Patty to think straight right now!"

"Why?"

"WHY?!

Barry, do you remember how you reacted when you found out about Nora? You were furious and took her back to the future!"

"It was different..."

"Think carefully..."

"Nora never knew me and Alex thinks I'm her father...

But Nora has never killed anyone!"

"You don't understand... you couldn't bear the idea that Nora had worked with someone like Thawne... Alex on the other hand... she could very well be the monster!

Patty doesn't know what to think, she doesn't know how to behave!

She may be a CSI and a former detective, but first thing in this case she thinks like a mother! While many police officers say they would be the first to arrest their children if they did something wrong, we're talking something awful here!

And in all of this we're not even sure it's her."

"It's definitely her, Cait!"

"We can't know, I agreed with you while we were talking to Patty, but you have to admit, we have nothing concrete...

Now you need to calm down"

"Calm down? Seriously!?"

"Yes..."

"How can you say such a thing!?"

"Barry! You Don't Understand"

"No Caitlin it's you who doesn't understand!

SHE KILLED MY SON!

And this is something you cannot understand!"