Chapter 3 : It's been Seven Years! Goku returns

Goku: Heya!

Y/n: Hey! It's Goku.

Goku: You guys sure have changed a bit. How have you all been?

Everybody stared at him in shock, although they had expected him to be there, it was still a surprising sight to experience.

Chi-chi: G-Goku...

Master Roshi: It's great to have you back.

Bulma: G-Goku...

Y/n, Krillin, Gohan, and Yamcha couldn't contain their excitement any longer and sprinted towards Goku, surrounding him with smiles.

Gohan: D-dad!

Goku: He-he... Huh?

Goku's attention shifted to Goten, who was hiding behind Chi-Chi.

Chi-chi: Look, Goten, it's your father.

Goku: Whoa! That's my son?! He looks just like me!

Goten remained hesitant as he looked at Goku.

Chi-chi: What's wrong, Goten? There's no need to be shy.

Goku: His name's Goten, huh? I like it!

Goku slowly approached Goten, who glanced at Gohan for reassurance before finally stepping out from his hiding spot.

Goku: I'm Goku-

Goten leaped onto Goku, and the two started laughing and giggling, bringing smiles to everyone's faces.

Goten: What kind of cool training did you do?

Goku: Oh, you're in for a story! I learned this super cool technique.

Hope, who was stood in a similar stance to Vegeta scoffed while staring at Goku.

Hope: That's the guy? I thought he'd be more impressive.

Vegeta: Don't let his looks deceive you, Kakarot is a powerful warrior.

Hope: I want to test that theory.

Hope powered up, and just as she was about to charge towards Goku, Vegeta quickly stepped in, stopping her in her tracks.

Vegeta: If you want to fight Kakarot, plan it ahead, because now is not the time.

Hope: But-

She glanced over at Goku and Goten, who were engrossed in conversation, and sighed.

Hope: Fine...

Baba: You have 24 hours, okay? Please remember that.

Goku: Huh, oh sure, thank you Baba!

As time passed, everyone had their chance to reunite with Goku. Some had one-on-one conversations, while others spoke to him in a group. They were all overjoyed to see Goku, but they knew their excitement couldn't last forever, as the tournament was just moments away from commencing.