Chapter 14

-Ivy'Claw! a voice yowled after her.
She looked back, seeing the muscular and large body of Fern'Tail. She scoffed and walked away.
-Ivy'Claw please! Fern'Tail put her tail on Ivy'Claw's shoulder, getting close to her.
Ivy'Claw bit her tail, turning around.
-Why do you keep following me?! She hissed as Fern'Tail yowled quietly in pain.
-Because I don't like Lightning'Strike! She looked at Ivy'Claw with soft eyes.
Ivy'Claw wasn't buying the act.
-Yeah, and I'm not a medicine cat. Stop lying!
-But I'm not! Fern'Tail cried out. I wanted to say that I love....you.
Ivy'Claw froze. "She likes...me? No no no what?!" She thought, looking down with visible stress.
-No no...You can't, Ivy'Claw looked in Fern'Tail eyes, them at the brim of watering.
-I know, but I do! Fern'Tail cried out.
Ivy'Claw looked at Fern'Tail and put her tail on her shoulder, smiling friendly. Fern'Tail looked with hope in her eyes, her ears twitching up and her tail flapping happily on the ground. But Ivy'Claw took her tail down and stopped smiling, letting Fern'Tail to cry.
-Don't cry, I'll think about it, Ivy'Claw looked at Fern'Tail.
-Promise? Fern'Tail looked in her eyes, drops of water dripping down her cheeks.
-Promise, Ivy'Claw purred, standing up. I'm going for a walk, see you later!
As Ivy'Claw walked to the entrance, a young she cat rushed to the entrance.
-MY BABIES! My......my babies...
Ivy'Claw rushed towards the queen, supporting her so she wouldn't fall.
Squirrel'Star rushed towards them, looking at the hunting patrol.
-What happened, Squirrel'Star said in the most serious voice Ivy'Claw had ever heard.
Then she looked at the patrol leader. Him and another cat was holding one dangling piece of fur.
-We're sorry Squirrel'Star, but Honey'Kit and Larch'kit were lured outside and we found them close to the border with scratches all over, the Tom said, signaling with his tail for the other cat to put down the kit.
-It's okay Pearl'Bubble! Blood'Fang comforted the young queen.
Fox'Leap, their father, was sobbing next to Pearl'Bubble.