Chapter 3

-The leader called a meeting! Wake up!
Ivy'paw woke up. She saw another apprentice calling her to go to the meeting.
She walked out of the comfy apprentice den. It had been just 3 days since she became an apprentice.
She saw Gas'Kit and Cloud'kit sitting in front of the big rock. Gas looked like he could explode, but his sister was as still as an old tree.
- With StarClan next to me I call my ancestors to turn their gaze apon these kits. he turned his view at the kits below. Gas, you have turned the age of 6 moons, when you become an apprentice. With the power of StarClan I now name you Gas'Paw. And, I give you a mentor, that will teach you well,.Dark'feather, do you accept to mentor this apprentice?
-Yes! I will teach him everything I know! A Tom said from the crowd.
-And, Cloud, you have also reached the age of 6 moons. With the power of StarClan I now name you Cloud'Paw. And your mentor shall be Lightning'Strike. Do you accept to mentor Cloud'Paw?
-Yes! I do! Ivy's brother said, coming towards his new apprentice, touching noses when he got next to her.
-Then it's settled! Meeting over!Broken'Star said, jumping of the rock to talk to Squirrel'Song, the clans deputy.
Ivy sat down, starting to groom herself. She saw that a figure was approaching her, so she got into attack position.
-Hey Ivy! said Blood'Fang when she got up to her. Wanna train today?
-Oh! said ivy surprised. It was just you. And yes! I would love to train!
Ivy got up and walked with her mentor out of the camp.
Outside, the birds were chirping and the sun was shining. Ivy'Paw and Blood'Fang
walked until they got to a river.
-Today, il teach you how to swim! First look at me.
Blood'Fang jumped into the warm river, paddling calmly and slowly. She jumped back up, with her pelt slowly down and wet.
-Now, what did you understand from that? Blood'Fang asked.
-I understood that I need to be calm, and steady. said Ivy. But I need to understand with how to move around.
-Ok! Then, try walking without moving. If you understand. Let me show you!
Blood'Fang started to jump from a paw to another, trying to help Ivy understand.
-Ohhhh I get it now! May I try to swim?
-Of course! Just jump in and do what I told you!
Ivy jumped in the river, paddling calmly and slowly, like her mentor did.
-That's wonderful! her mentor said. You can come out now!

Ivy came back from training and went to the fresh-kill pile to grab something to eat. On the top she saw a fish, something she had never eaten before.
She grabbed it and went to eat it next to her den'mates.
-Hey, Ivy'paw! a voice called her.
She looked up to see a blue-gray she-cat with stripes. She was bigger then her.
-Erm..hi? I don't think we met before. Ivy said.
-Oh! I don't think so. I'm Fern'Paw! I saw that you grabbed the fish that I caught!
-You catched this? Ivy asked. You got lucky, this is delicious.
-Thanks! May I eat next to you?Fern'paw asked.
-Sure! Ivy said. I don't mind!
Fern'Paw sat next to Ivy'paw, while she ate a mockingbird. They chatted for a while, getting to know each other better.

 -All cats old enough to swim the flowing waters come to hear my word! Broken'Star said

-Oh! Fern'Paw said. Come on! The leaders calling a meeting!
Both of the cats walked over and sat down.
Ivy observed that Floded'Fur was extremely sad.
-Unfortunately. the leader started. A cat from ShadowClan....
-What do we have with them?! An elder asked, interrupting Broken'Star.
-A cat from ShadowClan, Maple'Claw has died. Broken'Star continued.
A murmur was heard around Ivy'paw. Everybody was wondering why we would care. But not Ivy. She knew what happened.
-And Floded'Fur. The leader stopped only to look at Squirrel'Song, which was growling. Was in love with that cat and had kits with her.
-He's a traitor! a voice was heard
-Traitor! Traitor! every cat said.
-Enough! Broken'Star screamed, Maple'Claw's kits have survived, but she didn't. Thristle'Foot will take care of them, as two of her kits died of green cough. Thristle'Foot, may you bring the kits to me? Broken'Star asked, jumping off the rock.
A grey-black cat came up front, with both of the kits in her mouth. The first one was black with just one left white paw.The other was a nice white, with light grey striped spots.
-The black one shall be named Black'Kit, and His sister, Wool'kit.
Ivy'paw was surprised of how good they looked, they looked well-fed. While Black'kit looked like a ShadowClan cat, his sister, Wool'kit looked just like her, and everyone from the clan.
-What is this place? Where is my mom!Black'Kit screamed. I want to go back!
Wool'kit remained silent, though, Ivy'paw knew she was as scared as her brother.