║-𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Interesting." And with that I roll over, flopping over to my side of the bed. He scoops me towards him, my back against his front as he places kisses all over my shoulder.

I would definitely be lying if I said that I wouldn't love him calling me his wife.

❀❀❀

I wake up to the smell of fresh pancakes, the amazing smell makes it too hard to stay in bed so I rub my eyes then quickly run to to the bathroom.

Getting ready only takes me a few minutes before I'm walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning."

Valerio turns around, a slight smile forms on his face when he sees me. "Good morning, amore."

He stacks up the pancakes then takes out all kinds of berries and Nutella.

"Where did you get all the ingredients?" I ask.

"Got them delivered from the restaurant they have here." He responds, then takes out the necessary cutlery.

We sit down by the table digging into the food when something important pops up in my mind. I don't really know how I'm going to phrase it though.
What if he thinks it's weird? Or obvious? Or-

"Amara?" A voice cuts me off from my overthinking.

"Wha- yeah?" I snap back to reality.

"What's wrong?" He asks, his tone getting more serious.

"Nothings wrong, sorry." I lie like the idiot I am, because I regret it immediately due to his next words.

"Tell me." He leans back in his seat.

I'm quiet for a second, trying to figure out a way of saying it without it sounding weird to him.

"So Uhm.. when we get married, how will that work with you know-.."

Valerio smirks, not seeming the least bit bothered by my question. "There are two parts of our mafia, one we handle back home and one we handle in Italy. The one we handle back home is considered safer, because no one would suspect you're included in the mafia. That's the part I took. The other part is handled in Italy, that's where the dangerous work takes place like missions, fights, shipments and more. That's the part Enzo took." He explains.

I nod, actually understanding a bit for the first time. "Luckily for us, since I'm not in the more public and open mafia we won't need to go through as many difficulties and titles." A pause.

"However you will be considered as the Donna of the Italian mafia."

I almost get goosebumps from the speech he just made. I never thought about actually being Donna, it's a huge responsibility and as much as I know Valerio will help me every step of the way, it's still terrifying.

"Oh, well that's good I guess? Scary as hell but good?" I try my best smile.

He chuckles a bit before talking, "don't worry, amore."

"Okay." I breathe.

I'm still worried.

❀❀❀

"I can't believe it's been 10 days already." I mumble as I pack up the last of my things.

"I can extend the trip if you want."

My head snaps up to him, "what? No that's crazy you have work to do and I- well I miss Lily." I smile.

"Alright, let's go. Helicopters waiting." He says, grabbing my suitcases.

We first get into a car, driving for a few minutes before we finally reach the helicopter.
The helicopter is just for us to get off this island so that we can reach the private airport to get onto the jet.