║-𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

Song: After Hours - The Weeknd
Amara
❀❀❀

I wake up with a terrible hangover and it's not until I start my skincare that everything that happened yesterday hit me.

The bar, my dad slapping me, the surprise, that guy..

I'm supposed to meet Christian for lunch today.
Whatever this surprise is, it seems big and I'm a little worried.

I finish my hair and makeup, moving on to pick out what to wear. It's cold outside today so I go for simple blue jeans and a beige hoodie.

I walk out of my door hoping that I won't have to see my brother or father. But of course with my luck lately my brother's standing in the kitchen right in front of me.

I try ignoring him and just walk past him but I stop dead in my tracks when I hear his voice.

"You gonna tell me where your going?" He took a sip of his coffee. Ethan is 25 years old, 3 years older then me yet he's still living at home. We're to poor to afford another house so we're all just mushed together here.

"I'm going out with Christian, why do you care?" Ethan treats me like a child most of the time it pisses me off.

"Right, the surprise. Finally." He grumbles.

"Right." I mutter, putting on my shoes and coat then leaving.

❀❀❀

"Hey babe" Christian speaks giving me a plain peck on the mouth. "Sit down I have something to ask you" he points at the table in the corner of the cafe.

I sit down preparing myself for what he's about to say.

"We've been dating for a long time now Amara." He says. I nod slowly.

My attention draws to a familiar figure sitting a few tables away. It doesn't take a lot to recognize a guy like him.

His green eyes pierce right into my soul.

He's wearing black jeans with a white unbuttoned shirt. Short sleeved this time that reveal his tattoos covering his body. As well as a leather jacket hanging over his shoulder.

I gulp. What the hell is he doing here? How did he know I would be here? This is just a coincidence right? There's no wa-

"Amara? Did you hear what I said?" shit. I really have to stop drifting into my own thoughts.

"What? Sorry could you repeat that?" I look away from him nervously, moving my eyes to Christian.

"I asked if you wanted to move in with me? It's only time now since we're getting married soon" he runs a hand through his blonde hair looking a bit annoyed.

My eyes widen.

Woah. That's definitely not what I was expecting however, moving in with him means finally getting away from my family, which is probably the best thing that could ever happen to me.

A smile forms on my lips.
"I- Yes. Yes of course I will Christian" I grab his hand, squeezing it.

After 14 years trapped in that hell hole i can finally get out of there.

"Hi, I'm Amy I'll be your server today. What can I get for you?" The server smiles and winks sneakily at Christian obviously thinking I wouldn't notice. I normally don't care when people tried to flirt with Christian, he would just tell them off and ignore them.

The last thing I expected him to do was to check out her body and smile back.

I clear my throat and opened the menu, Christian flinched doing the same.

Christian orders a pasta and I'm about to order one too before chris eyed me and I freeze uncomfortably getting a salad instead.

Ive been wanting to loose weight for a while now and since chris is a football player I've been asking him for help. He gives me mostly food tips as apparently that's the most important when It comes to loosing weight but it's a lot stricter than I expected.

The food comes and I had completely forgotten about the man who sat a few tables down. However when I looked for him this time he was gone.

Good, he was creeping me out.

When we finish I kiss Christian goodbye and he tells me to pack my things so I can move in with him tomorrow.

When I finally get home I spot a white Range Rover parked on the side of the road.

Weird, no one was supposed to be home today since both my dad and brother were working, and there's no way either one of them owned a car like that.

I walk carefully towards the porch and spot a black box with red ribbon around it.

I cautiously pick up the box and examine the letter attached, while stepping inside the house.

"You'll need one of these so I don't need to come rescue you again."
- V

What the fuck.

Was he in my house?

Is this what he was doing when he disappeared?

What would he possibly send me?

Is that his car?

I walk into my room, open the box, and gasp.

No. he. didn't.

The box is filled with mesh.

And a brand new car key lays in the middle of it.

❀❀❀