Chapter-9: Extended Family

Start from the beginning

He pulled back and looked at them giving each other looks which promised retaliation. He sucked his smile in and sternly warned them.

"Don't you both dare think of settling scores behind my back. I want no more complaints. Be good to each other and move on. This topic is over" They nodded immediately. Abhimanyu had to struggle to keep himself from laughing at their cute faces.

He turned towards Roohi and said, "Ru! If you see anyone troubling Abhir, you will stand up for him and you will inform me. Okay?" Roohi understood the seriousness of the matter and responded quickly.

"Ofcourse Poppy! I will be mindful" Abhimanyu lovingly caressed her head and looked at Abhir.

"Agar koi bhi problem hai, kisine pareshan kiya ya you feel like you need to confide or vent out, aapki Di yahi hain. Go find her first. You will feel better" he spoke in a tone full of concern. Roohi nudged Abhir and he nodded giving her a side hug. 

They are a team and they need to remember that. That's his father's way of reminding them without making it obvious. They shared a look with each other and smiled for their father. They were indeed super lucky to have him. They said their goodbyes and rushed for their classes. Abhimanyu waited there till he could not see them anymore and then left for the hospital. He also dropped in a thank you message to Mrs.Dixit for taking good care of Roohi. 

She very courteously replied - She is a very sweet girl Mr.Birla. It is our pleasure to have her around. That made him feel so happy and so proud of his baby, once again. He replied - That she is. Thank you for feeling the same. Looking foward to having Soha for a night out whenever they plan next. He got a quick reply -Sure thing Mr.Birla. Soha loves spending time there. Soha is a very sweet girl, a lovely friend to have for his Ru. He adored their friendship and wished for Abhir to find a true friend soon.

At Birla Hospital:

The moment he entered the hospital, he was informed that Dr.Rohan was waiting for him in his cabin. He looked for Dr.Anahita and was enquiring about her whereabouts when she walked in.

"Bhai! Main aap hi ka wait kar rahi thi. Woh gadha Rohan aaya hai milne. Usse aap baad mein mil lena, mujhe aapse kuch important discuss karna hai" she spoke in a not so low volume without a pause.

Abhimanyu gave her a pointed look while eyeing the surroundings, making her shrug in realization. He walked towards the conference room and she followed. As soon as they entered, Abhimanyu glared her down. 

She looked down and said "Sorry Bhai! Woh aadat se majboor..." 

She would have continued to justify if she didn't notice Abhimanyu's glare as she peeked at him. She stopped and corrected herself, "Sorry Bhai! I should have considered the surroundings" but didn't dare to look up. 

Abhimanyu shook his head and spoke in a softer tone, "Anu! Rohan second in command hai. He is your senior here. You can't take such liberties in front of staff. Kitni baar samjhana padega tumhe?" he scolded her. She wasn't looking at him at all.

"Ab floor mein kya dhoondh rahi ho? Look at me. Kuch baat karni thi na tumhe?" he asked her in a casual tone, his anger long gone. Anahita looked up and saw that he wasn't glaring her now, she relaxed.