Chapter 6

Sam was sitting on the front porch of her house, eagerly waiting for Olivia, Jenna and Avery to arrive. Then she got an Instagram notification, saying she had just gotten a DM.

Bojan:
Hey, it's Bojan. So glad to have you on the tour!

Sam instantly closed the Instagram app. After two minutes she opened the app again. The DM was still there. (A/N: I am basing this off of when Jure added me back on BeReal in June 2023). Then Sam finally responded.

Sam:
Can't wait to join you!

Bojan:
When is a good time for a text-versation about the tour?

Sam:
My friends are on their way now. How about in 20 minutes? And can you make a group chat for all of us?

Bojan:
Sure! We'll also set up a WhatsApp chat later :)

Sam closed Instagram as Jenna showed up. "Jenna! I just got a DM from Bojan asking when we can coordinate the tour!!"

"He reached out to you? How did he find your Instagram?"

"I guess he searched up Sam Wellesley and...yeah. He might have found the rest as well."

Then Avery and Olivia pulled up. "So, I just got a DM from Joker Out's singer and he asked to coordinate our details over text." Sam said.

"And he also created a group chat." Olivia said. "All of the band members are on it as well."

Then they all walked inside. Then all of their phones pinged.

Carpe Diem Summer Tour

Bojan:
Ready to coordinate your details?

Olivia:
Yep!!

Jenna:
Yes

Avery:
EEEEEEEK I CANT WAIT

Sam:
I'm also ready. Avery, chill please.

Avery:
Fine 🙄

Jenna:
We know you five are still in Liverpool. When do you expect to be back in Ljubljana?

Jan:
14 May, if we qualify because the grand final is the 13, and the SSF is 11 May (A/N: I had to abbreviate second semi-final to SSF because I didn't want to type it all out)

Kris:
That's why we want you to arrive on 15 May because the first show is on 19 May

Sam:
I just looked at available tickets. Should we plan to fly into London or Warsaw? That means we'll have to change planes in the US as well as in either London or Warsaw.

Jure:
Do Warsaw. Looked at LOT's website. There's a flight from Warsaw to Ljubljana on the 15.

Nace:
They live in the states! They'll have to travel a day early, Jurček!

Avery:
Yeah. We'll fly into Chicago on the 14th, arrive in Warsaw and Ljubljana on the 15th.

Bojan:
See you on the 15th?

Jenna: See you five then! Can't wait!

"Well, there we go. There's a Southwest flight from Nashville to ORD." Jenna pointed out.

Then Sam's phone rang. "Hello, Sam Wellesley speaking...no way! This has been a dream of mine...does the 11th work?...uh huh...yep...7PM on May 11th sounds great! See you then! Bye!"

Sam set down her phone. "Girls, I just got a call from the Grand Ole Opry's booking manager."

"And...?" Olivia asked.

"We're playing there on May 11 for our send off concert!"

"Oh my gosh!!" Avery squealed.

"We'll be the youngest people ever to play there!! That is like the coolest thing ever!" Olivia shrieked.

"But we'll be gone until September 30th. Or the beginning of October. Whatever works."

Sam texted Bojan.

Sam:
When does the tour end?

Bojan:
23 September. We have studio time in Hamburg set for August. We can also have you lay down a track there if you want.

Sam:
I was just wondering when would be a good time for us to head back to the states once the tour ends. And thanks for the offer to have us record something.

Bojan:
Anytime beyond 25 September. And you're welcome.

"He said anytime beyond September 25. How about we stay through October 1?"

"That sounds good with me." Avery said.

"I agree. I can't wait for a full summer without my brother. Although I'm gonna miss him."

"It'll be like a college test run!" Sam added.

"Yeah. Being away from our family for four months is like a college semester in a way." Avery added.

"But wait...we're playing the Grand Ole Opry on the 11th, which is the day Slovenia is competing. I'll have my mom text us the result. Wait...the second semi-final should be over before the concert starts. There's a six-hour time difference between here and Liverpool." Olivia said.

"We can watch it while we're getting ready!" Sam exclaimed.

"Let's go shopping this week, and we can watch the SSF at my house. I have the better TV. I have BBC." Jenna adds.

"Good."