13. When the party's over

A week after the event, Lisa has distanced herself from everyone else but IU. Apparently, she's seeing one of her best friends now. It's still hard to process that out for her because it really feels weird for them that they ended up together romantically. But IU has done a lot for her, and Lisa admires that a lot about IU. Also, she knows how it feels to be given a chance, so she wanted to see where it would bring them. So far, she enjoys the quiet, peaceful, yet teasing vibe around the two of them.

"You know, we can't hide from them forever Lali. They are asking me when would you like to go to the beach house, they refuse to go without us."

"Just ignore them, I like my cuddle session with you while watching FRIENDS. They are grown ups, why do we have to be with them all the time? And don't you like having me all yours?"

Lisa moved closer to the other girl and wiggled her eyebrows. IU burst out laughing at how ridiculous the younger girl was looking at her.

"Oh shut up, I can't believe we are doing this." 

IU blushes which made Lisa smile sweetly at her.

"Me, neither. I honestly don't know what you see in me that you suddenly confessed. All the time I thought I looked like a monkey to you."

"Oh you definitely do-- Ouch! Let me finish!" IU glared.

"Hehe, sorry baby~" Lisa kissed the arm that she slapped before she grinned. "Gosh, you tell me I look like a monkey but then you blush a lot. How I haven't noticed I have this effect on you?!"

Lisa laugh at how adorable IU looks right now.

"Idiot, I do not! I was just saying, I found you cute since I bumped on you when we first met. And I was really in a bad state that time, I just broke up with my ex and you made me forget about it. I took a liking on you but when you tell me about... You know who, I always push the feeling away because I could feel how much she meant to you. But then again, after what happened to the event last time, it was the last straw for me. You deserved better, Lisa.

IU took Lisa's hand and squeezed it. 

"Thank you for giving me a chance, Lali. With me, I won't let anyone hurt you again."

Lisa overwhelmed with IU's confessions, she pulled her close and kissed her. 

She should felt loved but why it hurts her to hear that?

Is it hurting because she is finally moving on from who she thought was the love of her life?

Is this how acceptance feels like?

"I'm not sure what to say with that, but I'm happy to give us a real shot this time, Ji-eun. Will you be my girlfriend already?" 

Lisa giggles while tearing up. She didn't know she started crying and why she started crying.

But she's feeling a lot all over the place, in a good way.

"It seems too soon but I'm ready to move on because of you. You deserve it as much as I do, Eun."

"Gosh Lali, you're such a sappy. Of course, I would like to be with you! I have been waiting for this time." 

They got comfortable on the couch and exchange small kisses. Both were feeling the same way. 

They were only interrupted when IU's phone went off.

"Fuck, who is it this time?" 

Lisa mumbled before she gave Eun one last peck and removed herself on top of her partner.