10. Try and fail

Aish, I don't really get what's up with that girl. What was that stare about?

Unconsciously, I bit my lip as I stare at the ceiling. After dinner I've locked myself in my room and been recalling the events that occured these past few days.

We had an agreement, how did we end up this way?

When did they become so close?

Is she serious with him now?

Why him?

How come it is easier for him to capture her heart?

Wasn't I good enough?

No, you're just not the one that she wants.

And he is?

He may be.

I exhaled loudly and looked over my side, the digital clock on my nightstand changed number signalling, 9 pm.

Sigh, should I just swallow my pride and talk to her? Say sorry, perhaps?

No, self. You did nothing wrong.

But I miss her, I miss talking to her, having someone beside me just to talk about everything and nothing while looking at the glow-in-the-dark stars at the ceiling of her dark room.

But does she even think about you the way you do?

Does that count for someone who's in love?

You're just obsessed.

Am I? If that's obsession, what is love then?

Then stop talking to yourself smartass! Just talk to her if you want to!

I chuckled to myself.

I'm so going crazy.

Even my conscious is fighting with me..

A little talk won't be that bad right? And I promised my friends to solve this thing out...

It's like hitting two birds with one stone...

That's a great idea.

When I finally gathered the courage, I got up and went out of my room and stormed into Jennie's.

She's sitting on her bed with her phone in her hand when she noticed me closing the door, she frowned.

"What do you want?" Jennie asked.

Her voice was cold, clearly she doesn't want me near.

I fidgeted nervously, forgetting what I wanted to do or say.

Now what?  Stupid of me to barge in without a plan... Start small.

"Um- Hi?" I offered a little smile.

"Hi? I don't have time for small talk Lisa, what do you want? I hope it is important for you to barged in my room and disturb me."

She crossed her arms.

"I just wanted to say sorry."

"About what?"

"About.. what happened to us." I whispered.

"I don't care."

"Of course you don't."

I muttered to myself and rolled my eyes.