PROLOGUE

"I miss them so much, Lili."

Lisa mumbled.

Laying on her bed, her head with running thoughts is heavily rested on the fluffy pillow while she caress Lili, her yellow teddy bear, sat comfortably on her chest.

It's been a week and so since Lisa and her mother have settled into their new house. The young girl is not used to being without her loud lovely friends – also her former neighbors — and father for this long that the thoughts of them is keeping her away from sleep almost each night.

She knows her father will soon fly to join them, after all it was due to his work why they have to move to Seoul. But it's because of his work too, his flight is delayed for a few weeks due to some more errands needed to complete. Yet, she doesn't understand because they owned the company. Maybe, her grandpa condition was really getting worse that her papa is getting busier than ever to be with her.

Lisa is so upset about it, and she doesn't like to be away from the ones she loves.

"Little one? Time to wake up!"

Soft knocks and a loud voice on the other side of the door snapped Lisa out of her reverie.

"It's your first day of school better be early darling."

Uh-nah-uh! I don't wanna!

Lisa frowned at her mother's shouting.

She just want to stay in bed all day.

Suddenly the door knob twisted and turned, the little girl hurried to hide under the covers, hugging her Lili tightly.

She felt gentle hands shake her weakly awake.

Does she really think that I will wake up with that? That just makes me snuggle more on my pillow.

"Mom.. Five more.. Hours."

Lisa said sleepy, as if she hadn't been up the whole night, again.

Mommy Chipp released a sigh and lied next to the big lump on the bed.

Lisa could feel her mom staring.

"My darling, I know that starting school just after we moved in will be hard for you since you haven't learned much of korean yet, but it will get better once you've adapted. In no time, I'm sure soon you will have fun and have a lot of friends here."

Slowly Lisa uncovered her face and looked at her mom, who was looking back at her smiling.

She pouted at the older woman.

"But I don't want new friends. I already have a lot back in Thailand." She sits up.  "And what about Pa? When is he coming? I really want to have Papa staying with us."

"Hey, having new friends here won't be so bad and don't worry about Pops ok? We already talked about this, he will join us once grandpa has recovered from the hospital." Lisa stared at her mother intensely as the older woman sighs. "But since you miss dad so much I promise you that after you finish school today, I'll buy a lot of your favorite ice cream and video call him with your best friends ok?"

With that said, Lisa jolted from her bed, excited.

"Really?!"

"Yes, really."

"Yey, thank you Mom!"

Lisa screamed and kissed her cheek, the little girl swiftly ran to the living room, ate her cereals and prepared to go to school.

"Mom hurry!! The bus ain't going to wait for us."

"Darling-yah, wait up!"

"I can't wait anymore Mom, I want to end school already!"