9. Family Dinner

IU and I are currently laughing and watching an episode of friends where Ross discovered that his ex-lesbian-wife is pregnant with his child when we heard the door bell rang.

"Were you expecting someone?" IU asked while we're devouring pop corns.

"Nope. Let it ring, it might be just a prank."

I said without tearing my eyes off the screen.

It's getting to the good part now.

But the door bell rang again and again and again.

"Aish. Can you go and look who's at the door now?" IU asked annoyed.

"Uh no, why don't you do it yourself?" I said as I pop more pop corn in my mouth.

IU glared at me and took the popcorn bowl away from me.

"Who's the guess here?"

"Ughhh fine! Who the heck is it? We're just getting in the good part, whoever it is must be important to interrupt us!"

I paused the serie but IU played it again.

"IU!"

"Shut up and just look who's at the door."

I whined and just opened the door without looking at the peephole.

"Lalisa! Why it took you so long to-"

"MOM! You're back!"

I squealed and hug the woman in front of me.

"Lalisa, hug me later, I feel sticking!"

"But mom! I missed you!"

"I miss you too darling, but please let go."

I playfully rolled my eyes and unstuck myself to mom.

"Did you get me some chocolate from Switzerland?"

I asked excitedly.

"Hey, I worked there, not chilled to get you souvenirs. But yes I got your chocolates."

"Yay! Where? Where?"

This time my mom rolled her eyes.

"You act worse than a kid."

But she still gave me the chocolates.

"Here."

"Yum, thank you mom! These are my favorite, you know it." I kissed her cheek.

"Yes dear, welcome." She bent to put her bags down. "I thought I would've found you in the mansion. But Jennie said you've been staying here. I told you that you can just stay with Jennie. You left my other daughter alone! We are practically a family and living there-" Blah Blah. Oh my gosh, she just returned and she's already scolding me."-Later we're going to have dinner at the Kim's, we got some announcement to say, so be prepared cause we're gonna spend the night there."

"Ow, but I have company here."

I said and yelled for IU.

I heard footsteps coming, "Yes, why? Is there- Oh Good afternoon." IU bowed as soon she saw my mother then glanced at me confused not knowing it's my mother.

I smiled, "IU this is my mom, she just returned from a longg work project. Mom this is IU, my new friend. She's new at school."

Mom smiled and they shake hands,
"Nice to meet you, dear."

IU returned the kindness and bowed again before leaving us alone.

"I like her, were you having a sleepover? You can invite her with us if you want, I assume she knows Jennie too?"