5. Beer and Sunrise, Shake it off!

"Lis!"

I heard a loud noise coming somewhere, but it's pitched black.

"LISAA!!"

It's getting louder.

"LALISA MANOBAN!"

I heard more banging and it got worse.

I flutter my eyes open, confused.

Where am I?

I rubbed my eyes and saw Somi knocking on my window door.

Oh... I fell asleep.

It wasn't a dream.

I wish what happened tonight was just a dream. But that'll be too much to ask.

I can feel my heart ache again.

I opened the door of the other passenger seat, and let Somi in.

"Lis, you look a mess! What happened to you? I was worried dead when you didn't return! Why are your eyes so red?"

She looked at me worried then her voice softened.

"Were you crying?"

"Somi." I whispered and let out a sob.

She held me in her arms.

"Hey... Shhh-sh. It's ok... I'm here. I'm here." She brought me closer, letting me rest my head on her and hugging me tightly.

"I.. I saw-"

"You don't have to explain it to me now, Lis."

She whispered and embraced me until I calmed myself down.

"Can you drive me away from here?"

I asked her while wiping my tears.

"Where do you wanna go?"

"Anywhere."

We ended up near a bay and Somi decided to have a little snack on the back of my car.

I sat on the edge of the trunk, holding my beer and just looked at the sea the whole time.

The waves were crawling gently to the shore and only soft music can be heard from the radio, I feel numb and empty.

I drank my beer and glanced over Somi who sat under a tree beside it.

"Why were you worried I was away? I could have been with someone and somewhere else at the party you know?"

I said with low energy.

"Impossible. You don't have the heart to leave our drunk ass alone." Somi disapproved. "Someone you know... The-one-that-cannot-be-named came and introduced us to this someone, curly-strong-smelling-boy. They were so touchy and were continually flirting..."

She pauses.

"And... She was so drunk and out of herself, surely she wasn't sober at all to know what she was doing... Then I remembered you upstairs, you might have crossed paths with them. When you didn't come back, I was worried. Seeing your state now, I know I might have been right."

She looked at me and sighed as she stood up to come over me.

She sat with me, gave me a comforting smile and squeezed my hand.

I looked away and exhaled deeply.

"I saw them... Exchanging saliva and body heats..." Cringe. "..It was gut wrenching to see."

I heard her chuckle.

"That must have been hard for you. I understand what you are feeling. All totally valid."