Chapter 38

Hey y'all 😜🫶🏾 Miss me? 🥺

A small smile curved onto Solàna's lips as her eyes were focused deep into her phone

A small smile curved onto Solàna's lips as her eyes were focused deep into her phone. She sat quietly at her desk as Mrs. Jones was in the middle of wrapping up the math lesson in front of the class.

It had been a week now since Keyanta got arrested. Bernice had finally set Keyanta up with a lawyer to see if they could try to get him out of jail. Unfortunately though, the judge denied Keyanta's bail which meant he had to continue remaining locked up until his next court date, which was set to be 6 months from now...

Solàna did feel bad for her brother. She knew he was probably feeling helpless just sitting behind bars without bail. A very small part of her though did feel like it was best for him to just sit and think about his actions. She felt like if Keyanta was out right now, he would most likely be causing problems, especially with Von.

Now, Solàna did try reaching out to Keyanta on multiple occasions. She wanted nothing but to fix her relationship with her brother; but Keyanta was extremely adamant about not seeing or speaking to her at all. In fact, he wasn't really interested in talking to anyone.

Keyanta ended up finding out that Dayvon was getting along with not only Solàna, but Meg, and Bernice as well. He really did not like the idea of his own family associating themselves with Von at all, which caused him to do nothing but shut everyone out. The only time Keyanta would communicate with anyone was if it had anything to do about his trial, which Bernice was the main one handling that.

"Alright class, be sure to work on your vocabulary words this weekend for the test on Monday."

Mrs. Jones dismissed the class as the young students jumped right out of their seats. Solàna chuckled, her eyes still planted on her phone as she read a text message that she received from Dayvon. Her fingers typed away at the screen briefly before she placed her phone down.

They had been texting each other all day; and if they weren't texting than they were caking it up on FaceTime. If they weren't doing that either, than they were attached to the hip in real life. Both Solàna and Dayvon found themselves spending most of their time together as much as they wanted to without any interruptions.