33. hunting the cure

*.°○'—》|☆★☆|《—'○°.*

Lockwood Mansion

Hayley is walking back outside, just as Caroline announces the winner.

"And the winner is April! Congratulations!"

The crowd starts to clap, as April steps up on the podium and receives the crown and the flowers from Caroline.

Hayley walks towards Lena and Elijah.

"Hey mom. Elijah." She greets them and Lena eyes her suspiciously.

"Is everything alright?"

"Of course, why shouldn't it be?"

"Maybe because you're looking around, like you're hiding from someone." She replies and Hayley stops dead in her tracks.

"There is nothing you should be worried about mom. I'm fine, you're fine, everything's fine and I don't want to bother you two anymore so I'll just leave." Hayley says quickly and leaves to go inside as she sees Klaus approaching them.

She speed walks inside the house and let's out a breath as she doesn't see him. She turns around and jumps in surprise.

"Klaus, I haven't seen you standing here."

"Do you know where Melody is?" Klaus asks and looks around, he hasn't seen her in thirty minutes.

"On the topic of my twin sister. We're going to move back to New Orleans and I'm sure Mel already talked to you about some things and how the city changed but if you have any more questions, I can help you out with them." Hayley replies, trying to distract him in some way.

Klaus looks surprised at her reply and than eyes her suspiciously.

"Why would you help me?"

"Oh come on, why is everybody acting so suspicious today? Look you two are engaged now and I love to see her happy, so I thought that we could be friends, you know?"

"Oh okay, that is very nice of you Hayley, thank you."

"No problem." She says and gives him a smile, glad he didn't ask her about her twin sister.

"So do you know where my fiancé is or not?" Klaus asks and Hayley just stares at him. 'Quick Hayley think.'

"You know you are way to attached to her."

"Excuse me?" Klaus asks offended.

"Yeah, I mean I understand that you two are mates and that you're going to marry but if you're going to move to New Orleans, you need to know that you can't be with here everyday and spending every single minute with her, because she has duties to do." She replies, trying to gain as much time as she could but Klaus only looks at her, like she said the most ridiculous thing in the world.