Chapter 5- Secret Beauty

Above there is a picture of the crystal cavern if you were wondering what that looks like... But that's sort of at the end of the chapter so I'll say no more. No one likes Spoilers. That was a Doctor Who joke... I'll go sit in a corner now sorry. 😂

"So something has really been bothering me." I said as I dodged the various limbs that were in my way. We had long since left the uncomfortable clearing behind and went for a walk down a path I had yet to travel.

"What?" He questioned.

"Well, how is it that you can speak English?"

"It's kind of an embarrassing story." Rezon looked away, trying to hide an obvious blush. After I gave him the look that said to keep going he replied with, "Well I was really angry when Alma came to Kepler and that you allowed yourself to be seen. So at first when she started giving you lessons I hid in the tree tops trying to work up the nerve to talk to you and get you away from that human. But then I realized you were right about needing to be able to communicate with each other and before I knew it I just started picking it up."

"Stalking me from the tree tops, that isn't that embarrassing. I already know that you did that. What else is new?" I said with a smirk and I gave him a friendly push on the shoulder which accidentally knocked him into a branch. Oops.

"Stella!" He brushed off his side which had a few twigs and leaves on it now.

"Sadly," he continued, "that isn't the embarrassing part. But now I'm reconsidering telling it to you. Last time I opened up I got a faceful of nature." He tried to laugh but I could tell that it was partly forced.

"Okay so what's the embarrassing part?" I asked. I was going to get this out of him.

"Well. I mean to learn a language, it's easier with practice and also the more you hear it used around you, the easier it is to speak it. So I would follow you around and listen to conversations and then I would leave when it was quiet and I would repeat the conversations you and Alma had out loud so that I could practice saying the words."

I opened my mouth to make a comment when he looked at me and said, "I'm not done. I also made up my own conversations to practice having my own words. But I didn't want to have a one sided conversation so I also replied to myself. And I pretended to have conversations with you. Okay I'm done now. You can start making fun of me."

"What's there to make fun of?" I joked, "I mean all the kids these days are having fake conversations and relationships with real people."

"Oh shut up Stella." he said giving me a playful shove, careful not to push me into anything.

"Well that does make things a lot easier you know. You being able to speak English and all," I commented on a serious note.

"Okay, I think its time to go somewhere worthwhile." Rezon said with a mysterious smirk.

"I'm not sure if I should be scared or not." I said truthfully.

"Stella, have I ever done anything to you that will cause you not to trust me?"

"Well, drugging me for one." I started to count a list off with my fingers, "Then you did fall on me and make me break my arm."

"Which I healed by the way," He interjected, "You are welcome."

"And then you also stalked me for who knows how long." I laughed as Rezon gave a faint blush.

"Okay, I'll admit, I don't have the perfect record when it comes to you but, I have something that might make you trust me." A faint smile appeared on his lips which I just couldn't resist but nod and agree.