Chapter 1- Planet Population: me

This is just a short explaining chapter to explain and clear up a few things before the action and fun part of the story starts. So just bear through it and hopefully you keep reading and give lots of feedback... Also look at the top and check out the beautifully hand drawn picture by scribbledfindings because it's essentially what the main character is supposed to look like.

Most think that loneliness is enough to drive any human insane. Yet, I have survived alone on this planet for seven years, with only one memory of any other life forms like me. My only company on this secluded planet consists of various beasts, insects, plants and some other strange organisms that I haven't a name for.

So, instantly, as a normal human being would, you might think that I couldn't possibly be in my right mind. They might think or imagine that I would be running around an island with no clothes on, a long scraggly beard, and befriending inanimate objects and naming them Wilson.

First of all, that's impossible because I'm female and cannot grow a beard or any other body hair besides for the hair long dark hair on my head that is the shade of blue so deeply dark it's practically black. And Second of all, I'm not human.

I may have the same sort of structure that you have, but my skin is, for the most part, is smooth when you feel it moving your hand towards the ground and rough the other way. The rest of my skin is like the bark of a tree (I have a variation of those on my planet too). The parts of my skin that feels like bark are on my shoulders down the side of my arm and stops at my elbow, and also on my outer thighs.

The color of my skin is your "sky blue" and fades into darker green all down my limbs. The blue on my skin is lined with green spots around my face and down my limbs. Much like the freckles on a human would look, but fewer and larger.

My eyes are surrounded by oval-like slits with two pointed ends. They are green with black strips shooting out of the iris. Also I have jagged shark teeth and a tongue that is thin and pointed. Which can be both painful and handy, depending on the instance.

My fingers and toes are also webbed, which is helpful when swimming- one of my top three means of transportation. I normally either walk on the many paths I have created around my planet, or I swim through one of the numerous water ways my planet was blessed with. The last way is flying, which helps when my legs get tired from walking or swimming. I fly with my wings that look like the wings of a giant dragonfly, which can both retract and look like a strange tattoo etched into my back to those who don't know any better.

So, if you can't already tell, I am what a human would address as an alien. Though in my mind you would be the alien.

I've been in the jungle for what seems like my entire life. Although, some might say that being fifteen wouldn't count as much, but I say otherwise. When you consider all of the experiences that I have had throughout my life, you might change your mind.

I have been trying to survive on this planet for almost as long as I can remember. Thankfully, the more I develop into my full grown self, the easier it is to stay out of any serious trouble or hurt myself too badly.

I was three by the time I reached this planet, so that means that I spent seven whole years not knowing about the world, its boundaries, and the dangerously beautiful mysteries hidden inside. My whole world could have been summed up by one word: survival. For I have known of none other until recently.

I grew up alone, believing that I was the only one. The last intelligent being this planet has ever seen. Until, things changed at the age of ten.

~~~~

Alma found me lost and confused. She was terrified when she first found me, though. She was so frightened that she fell over in shock and just sat with her jaw wide open a few minutes straight just gawking at me.

Though I'm one to talk considering my reaction wasn't much better, and I had expected it. I had stalked her a month after her arrival on my planet before the first encounter. You can't blame my curiosity though, because I was alone on a planet for seven years with no other species even remotely like me. There were no other intellectual creatures here that I could even begin to try and communicate with. I was completely alone and eager to change that.

I was just trying to scope her out and see if she was a threat or not. I hadn't quite decided if I wanted to approach her yet the day it occurred.

I had been following her carefully by jumping from branch to branch in the tree tops and tracing her every move. On that particular day I was trying to reach the nearest tree branch to get a closer look at what she was eating, because I was fairly certain she was about to take a bite out of a poisonous fruit. That's when I reached out for the nearest branch but I just barely lost my hold on the tree behind me without climbing safely onto the next tree but my hands slipped and I fell to the ground right in Alma's path. I tried to back away and hide, but the damage was done, she had seen me.