Domestic life is hard | ocean's 8

~Rose Weil~
__________

Rose and I started dating a few months ago, and I have to say, it's been the best choice I've ever made. Not only is she the most considerate girlfriend one could have. She also brought me on to her design team. She said I have 'an eye for integrity' whatever that means.

I ran into the office today to look over some sketches and pull some fabrics. Rose does most of the designing, asking my opinion on style. While I choose the colors and consult with her on the best combination. Usually she just lets me do my thing, frequently call me a 'genius'.

She thinks really highly of me and is constantly praising me for coming up with new combos. It makes me feel good to help her so much as I think she's one of the most brilliant women on the planet. I also love her friends so much, hanging out with them even if she's not around.

It didn't take me long to warm up to them either. They were all so inviting and treated me like I'd known them for years even when we first met. It was nice to forgo the awkward first impression. I guess Rose had told them so much about me that they basically took me in before we met.

As I'm about 30 minutes from home Rose calls me. "Hi, baby" I say with a smile, "hi, darling. Are you almost here?" She asks happily, I know she didn't want me to leave today. It was our day off and she wanted me to relax, but I didn't want to have a huge workload for either of us getting back.

So I convinced her to let me go, promising I'd only be there for an hour. I upheld my promise and was now eager to get home to my beautiful inamorata. "Yep, I'm half an hour away. Oh, did you preheat the oven like I told you to?" I ask almost forgetting I was making a special meal tonight.

"You bet!" She said enthusiastically, a little too enthusiastically actually. "At what temperature?" I questioned skeptically, "535" she replied confidently. "Baby... that's the clock" I said trying not to giggle. She didn't reply for a bit and I waited on her to say something. "536?" She said in a small tone making me chuckle.

"You forgot, didn't you?" I ask her, "no! Well- yes... I was just really excited for you to get home" she admits. "It's ok baby, just go set it now" I tell her and I hear rustling. A few beeps sound over the speaker and then I hear a frustrated sigh. "Stupid fucking technology" she mutters to herself and I giggle.

"Honey?" I call for her, "uh huh" she replies distractedly. "Hit bake..." I say, "right" she responds, "ok and it should automatically go to 350° then you want to hit start" I instruct. "Ohhh ok" she chuckles, "stay on the phone with me until you get here?" She asks softly.

"Of course" I reply, and we start talking about her time without me. I tell her how I set up all the fabric for tomorrow and she gasps. Praising me for how fast I did it and promising to give me a 'big treat' when I get home. Once I'm outside I hang up and she comes to the door.

Embracing me tightly before planting a passionate kiss on my lips. I manage to get us in the house and close the door. Cuddling with her for a few minutes before pulling away to cook. I prepare her favorite meal and pop it in the oven. I made her stay out the kitchen until I put in because I want to surprise her.

As we sit on the couch she starts to sniff, much like a dog would. "Stop being a bitch" I joke and she narrows her eyes at me. She sniffs a few more time before turning to me and smiling. "You're making Shepard's pie" she voices happily. "Yep" I reply and she leans in to kiss my cheek.

"Thank you, love" she says looking into my eyes lovingly. "Anything for you" I whisper and she blushes slightly. "You're too good to me" she insists, "on the contrary, you're too good for me" I counter. She rewards me with a gentle kiss on the lips. Soon the food is done and I let it settle a bit before serving it.

Rose's eyes going wide with glee before she digs in. I follow her steps and take a forkful in my mouth. Almost choking as I hear Rose moan, to which she smirks at me. We finish up and she shows me that 'big treat' she promised me. Let's just say it certainly was big and I would consider it exceedingly more than a 'treat'.