Just be quiet | grey's anatomy

~Addison Montgomery x Meredith Grey~
_________

Addison's pov
It was early as fuck, I got there super early so I could avoid Meredith. Derek was the least of my worries at this point, I had signed the divorce papers and he was happy as a clam. We hadn't spoken for weeks and in that time Meredith was trying to buddy up to me.

I couldn't discern if it was to make up for fucking my husband or to try and ease some of the clear tension I was feeling. It often felt more than friendly though and I didn't know how to feel about it so of course I avoided it all together.

I was patiently or rather impatiently waiting for the elevator to open so I could get this long day started. I had quite a few surgeries to do and patients I needed to check on in between that.

Just as the elevator opened I heard footsteps behind me. I quickly tried to enter and close the doors because I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I hadn't even had my morning coffee yet and I'm quite an antisocial person before my coffee.

As the doors begin to close a smooth pale arm interjects itself making them open again. She steps into the elevator looking disheveled like she just rolled out of bed. I sigh and press my floor and she presses hers, I move to stand in the back corner on the opposite side not saying a word.

"Good morning, Dr. Montgomery" she said looking straight ahead. "Dr. Grey" I replied not wanting to be rude, "you're quite the character" she said smiling. I didn't know wether to be offended or not, "what's that supposed to mean?" I asked with a tinge of annoyance in my voice.

"Oh, nothing" she said looking up and then turning around walking closer to me. She got right up to my ear "you should just learn how to behave, wouldn't want to get punished. Or would you?" She said and then the elevator dinged for her floor and she got off.

I stood there dumbfounded not knowing what just happened. I decided to talk to Callie about it since she always seemed to have the answers when I didn't. I walked into the lab where she was sitting flipping through a chart.

"Hey Callie?" I said nervously "Hey" she replied still flipping through the chart aimlessly. "I have a question... if someone says 'behave or you're gonna get punished' what does that mean?" She closed her chart and looked up at me "who said that to you?" She said chuckling lightly.

"Doesn't matter... can you just tell me what it means?" She smirked and said "you really don't know, do you?" I shook my head and she sighed. "Well I'm assuming you don't know what BDSM is either" I shrugged in response.

"Well basically, WHOEVER said that to you is a dom and I guess you did something to upset them. Because they want to punish you... in other words spanking and things like that. I imagine it's nothing too harsh since it's... well, you" she said.

I just stood there practically in shock "uhh, thanks Callie. I gotta go" I said quickly leaving the room. She tried to say something before I left but my mind was on one thing. I needed to talk to Meredith. I looked for what felt like forever and it was finally determined that she was in surgery.

So I waited anxiously for her surgery to be over. When the time came I decided to just meet her in the scrub room. I knew she'd be the last one out as she usually closes up the patient. I came up next to her and rested my back against the sink.

"Addison" she said at least acknowledging I was standing there. She finished up and reached over me to grab paper towels to dry her hands.
She was practically so close I could've kissed her, and I wanted to.

She just looked at me, threw the paper towels away and walked out. I stood there for a minute not knowing if I had dreamt the whole thing or not. I quickly caught up with her and grabbed her shoulder to turn her around.