XIII

— Cairo's pov —

I woke up to Andrea singing to Taylor Swift's Better than revenge while doing her makeup. I shifted in a more comfortable position so I can see her better. She was applying her glitters. I've had a love-hate relationship with those glitters. At some point I hated them because they're shit to get out but at the same time, I love how they're everywhere, reminding me of her. Every time I see a hint of sparkle, something that always catches my attention, my mind suddenly thinks of her. The sun's light as it hit my eyes early in the morning, waking me up from my dream, hell, even the stars, all pretty objects that are luminous reminds me of her. The night she fell asleep and I had to carry her to her room, I got glitters on my clothes the morning after. I sometimes don't want to wash my clothes just so the glitters would stay there permanently.

"Are your teeth hurting?" I teased her as she was singing.

"Didn't notice you were awake, I'm just singing" she rolled her eyes. I'm glad she didn't bring up what happened last night, or it would've been too awkward here. A knock on the door scared the both of us causing us to jump.

"Andrea?" Ian called out. Andrea opened the door slightly not revealing me still laying on her bed.

"What's up?" She asked casually.

"Do you know where Cairo is? I was supposed to give him a coffee but he's not in his room nor his office. Here I also brought you one." Before Ian could hand over the coffee to her, Andrea pushed the door through revealing me. Ian made his way to me and nudged me.

"Did you two...?" Ian questioned the both of us.

"No" we both exclaimed in unison.

"He's having a hard time sleeping. I offered him to sleep beside me instead of drinking pills. It's been like this for a couple of days now." She explained, sipping her coffee.

Ian handed me my coffee and the three of us decided to hang out the whole day. Andrea decided to ditch classes for today, she claims she deserves a rest day. As the three of us finished drinking our coffees, we lied in bed together. Andrea was in between me and Ian.

"Let's go for a swim." Andrea suggested as she suddenly sat up and spanked mine and Ian's ass.

"Very casual for someone who doesn't know how to swim." I teased and she glared at me.

"I have Ian to hold onto." She smiled at him.

"Uh-uh I'm going to enjoy the pool and swim as far as possible from you. You gotta find someone else to hold onto or just buy a life jacket." Ian explained.

"No no no, wearing a life jacket would hide my glorious one piece. No one would be blessed by my body." She made a slight pout.

"I'm kidding, Cai do that for her, I have my girlfriend over." Ian laughed.

"You have a girlfriend?!" Andrea and I shouted in unison.

"Uh yeah?" He laughed. "Sometimes I'm surprised by you two's synchronization but then again why am I surprised"

We all laughed together and went to our rooms to pack our things as Andrea shooed us out of her room so she can pack for herself. My face had the biggest smile on my face just thinking about spending the whole day with her. It has been years since we spent time together for the whole day but for me, it felt like forever. Some say it's just the fact that I'm greedy, or am I really greedy? Does greed mean wanting to look at you only smiling and if anyone dares to disturb the happiness, I'd want and would punch them? Does being greedy means wanting to spend time with the person you adore the most? Does being greedy mean wanting to bubble wrap the girl you love and protect her at all costs? I don't think so, no.

I would say being greedy means wanting something, someone only to yourself. Taking and taking and not giving, that's greed. In my case, I don't think I'm greedy. Andrea, she's adored, loved, and treasured. She's a pathological people pleaser who'd rather put herself in an uncomfortable position in order to put a smile on someone's face. She's a woman who'd listen to you and cry with you. A woman who's absolutely adorable and kind. I want to share her to everybody, not in a bad way. I just think that her existence brings comfort and happiness to anyone who meets her and by that, I'd want everyone to see her.

She's kind, she cares, she knows that but wouldn't admit. To herself, and to anyone. It's because she's been vulnerable enough in the past that at some point, she didn't have anything to give to herself. She gives but never takes. The exact opposite of greed. She give her everything to everyone but when she was the one in need, no one helped her. Not that she expected anyone to help her but even she can't help herself. She doesn't expect anyone to reciprocate the help but she hopes that the one she helped would feel loved and valued. She hopes that she could make them less of an asshole even if they would only take advantage of her. She doesn't care as long as they're please at her. So in the present, she still cares but only secretly. She doesn't want to show nor admit it and if that's what she wants, then that's what she's going to do.

I walked towards her room. I was about to knock on her door when I heard her talking to someone on the phone. I accidentally overheard them talking about "a mission". It sounded like she was talking to her mom so I stepped away from her room and waited for her in the foyer. 

A few minutes later, she was walking down the stairs carrying a massive tote bag, which I presume, where she put all her things. She was wearing what looked like a white body suit with blue little flowers  and layered it with a skirt. She looked absolutely stunning, incredibly sexy, and very beautiful. I couldn't describe her in one word if I was to do so, because not one word is enough to describe the beauty that she is. I'd kill every man in the world including myself if she'd ask me to, even if that means I won't get to see her again, as long as she's happy.  I walked over to her and offered to carry her bag which looked heavy (but it wasn't) to which she agreed. 

"Why're you wearing a suit to the pool?" she looked at me weirdly. 

"I have a meeting to attend at the same resort but don't worry, it'll be fast, I'll get back before you know it. I'll just attend the meeting and then we can continue swimming." I explained to her. 

"Whatever." she answered as we headed outside to my car while Ian was already gone, picking her girlfriend up. When we got inside my car,  Andrea connected her phone to my car and blasted Taylor Swift the whole ride which I'm not complaining, but I just find cute and admirable.