Chapter Eleven Barters

November 21, 2015, 6:30 pm, Violet's POV

     "Last chance," I whisper, and only silence reigns, so I flex my thumb in my left fist as I nervously walk into the gym where Itzal is doing push-ups in the middle of a large mat. His body moves like one unit of expert control as he goes so far down his nose nearly touches the ground... completely unlike when I try a push-up with my shaking arms. 'The only other time I've been in here is when Camile instructed me to get Itzal for dinner when he hadn't answered his phone. Some training tools look kind of fun to try, but I don't dare to bring them up for fear Victor will remember I am supposed to be exercising with him.' I walk into the room, my slippers making a flapping sound all the way to Itzal. I come to a stop and wait for him to finish.

    "Yes, Violet," Itzal says, stopping in the up position to look at me.

    "Don't ever mention this," I whisper, and a chuckle echoes in my ear. Itzal looks at me in confusion.

    "Hi, Daddy," I say, smiling wide at him while blinking innocently. Itzal puts his knees down and sits up to look at me.

    "What did you break?" Itzal says, and I frown.

    "Nothing," I say honestly, and he hums.

    "I was just wondering," I say, and he nods, motioning for me to go on as he pauses his timer.

    "Well, my friends went to the mall today—" I say, and Itzal cuts me off.

    "And they did not invite you." He says, upset for me, and I shake my head.

    "They did. But that isn't what I was saying—" I try again, but he cuts me off again.

    "Why did you not ask to go?" He says, and I close my mouth and sigh.

    "I don't have any spending money." I say and then reword my thought process, 'Yes, that!'

    "I know you have a fight tonight," I say, but before I can finish, he cuts me off again, and I glare at him. But he doesn't notice as he checks something on his phone.

    "Your balance is ten thousand US dollars with another deposit of ten thousand pending when it moves. What do you mean you do not have any money?" Itzal says, and my mouth remains stubbornly closed until giggles come to my ear.

    "That is your money. I don't have any money." I correct him, and Itzal frowns, becoming confrontational.

    "Violet," Itzal was tersely, and I nod with a sigh.

    "If your money does not start moving soon, you and I will have an uncomfortable talk," Itzal says, and to appease him, I nod, but that only makes him frown.

    "Yes, Daddy." I say, and he hums and then motions for me to continue speaking, 'Yeah, that.'

    "You were wondering." He reminds me, and I nod.

    "Well, I wanted to hang out with them, but there is the fight, and I thought that perhaps they could, you know... come with us? They'd be quiet, well, not quiet. It's a fight. But they wouldn't cause any trouble. In the car on the way," I stumble over my words, and Mason and Willow start laughing in my ear again, and I glare at my earbuds. I look at Itzal slowly, and I see him smile at me.

    "And just a guess, you brought them with you?" He says and points to my skull candy earbud in my right ear, and I nod to Itzal.

    "They do realize this is an underground fight?" Itzal questions and crosses his arms, making his muscles bulge, and I nod with a hitched breath.