A Real-Life Mermaid!

Mulai dari awal

"If I didn't already know how much Akari loves you, Luffy, then I would know it after this," Robin softly smiles. "Your relationship is the sweetest one I've ever seen."

"I just wanted Akari to wear my vest because I thought she would look cute," Luffy shrugs. "Also because I heard girlfriends steal their boyfriend's clothes sometimes, but I didn't think she needed to go to the length of stealing."

"Akari does steal your straw hat though," Robin says before walking away.

"Hm, I guess I have always done that," I look up at Luffy. "Is it really stealing if you let me take it? If yo really didn't want me to take the straw hat, you'd just stop me."

"Well, I've always thought you looked cute in it, so that's probably why I never really stopped you," Luffy shyly grins as he looks down at me. "Like the times where you're just wearing it and sitting around looking out at the sea. Those images are burned into my brain. You're beautiful without trying."

"Well, I think you're handsome without even trying," I smile. "I've thought that for years now, actually. Even when you're being goofy, I still feel a warmth spread through my heart."

"Whoa, Akari!" Usopp's voice snaps us out of getting too deep into a conversation. He's not wearing his overalls anymore, having traded them in for a turquoise shirt he's left unbuttoned, and a pair of green shorts with a yellow flower pattern on the left leg. "If it wasn't for the blue hair, you could pass for Luffy right now."

"Why are you dressing up like Luffy?" Chopper asks as the two boys step up to us. "Is this another thing couples do?"

I chuckle, patting the top of Chopper's hat. "Not to this extent, but girls sometimes wear their boyfriend's clothes. I was insistent on matching Luffy's style since I am wearing his vest."

"You're just missing the straw hat now," Usopp nods. "Though, I don't think the name Straw Hat Akari fits you."

"You don't think so?" Luffy softly smiles. "Sometimes I wonder how different life would be if Akari had been given the straw hat, and I think she would have held the title just fine."

"I can't imagine you as anything other than Straw Hat Luffy, though," I give his hand a squeeze. "What else would we call you? Captain Luffy seems too arrogant, and I can't imagine that I would have been the captain, so then we wouldn't have been the Straw Hats. As much as I love wearing it, I'm glad that you are the rightful owner."

Luffy swoops down to press a quick kiss to my lips. "Then I'm glad that I can share it with you sometimes because you do look adorable in it."

"Keep your eyes peeled!" Zoro calls out. The only part of his outfit that he's changed is his shirt to a red and white vertical stripe button-up that he's left unbuttoned. "We've almost made it!"

"But I don't have any eyes!" Brook shouts back before bursting into laughter. He's changed into a fresh suit, but it hasn't changed in looks from when we first met him.

"Shut up!"

"Nami, Robin, Akari, my darlings!" Sanji cries out. He's changed into his normal black suit with a light green button-up and blue and white horizonal stripped tie. "Is there anything I can make you for when we arrive!?"

"I'll take a Cola!" Franky responds. He's now wearing an unbuttoned purple shirt with sunflower like designs all over it.

"I wasn't talking to you!"

I chuckle, "We're as lively as ever, it seems. Nothing can bring us down for too long."

"To think, we've made it halfway around the world," Usopp grins, placing his hands behind his head. "We've been through a lot since I joined."