Chapter 31: Unlikely Evening

Start from the beginning

"You know if you try and trick me or kill me I'll make sure your ribs stick out from your back right?"

Neo then gave a small smile followed by a nod which Hector then extended out his hand and said.

"You give me information about where they're keeping the dust and who's pulling the strings and I'll make sure that her broken body hangs in front of Vale. To see what she wanted to destroy, forever out of reach as she dies."

With a face splitting sadistic grin Neo shook his hand before letting go and typing out.

I think we're going to get along just fine.

LINEBREAK

"I can't believe we're going to work with a mass murderer!" Weiss shouted as she placed in her team's dorm.

"Out of everyone why would he hire HIM?! Doesn't he know how bad it'll make him look if the public finds out that he hired a child that kills for fun?!" Weiss continued to complain before Yang interjected.

"But again he does know about taking on big crime syndicates."

"And by taking on you mean murdering them?" Blake then joined the conversation.

"Look what he did to the White Fang in Mistral! He killed all of them!

"B-But Ozpin said we'd make sure he doesn't do that." Ruby said stepping in reminding them of what their job is.

Ruby and the Bounty Hunter were complete opposites. One with a burning passion for bettering the future. The other with a burning hatred that doesn't let go of the past.

One with hope of a better tomorrow. And one whose hope died a long time ago.

One who tries and sympathize with an enemy. And one who makes sure that there's no enemy to speak of.

One with a family that lives with her and stands by her.

The other with no family who only used him and tried to cast him aside...tried.

One who wouldn't even imagine taking another life. And one who used to view life as something sacred, something worth protecting but now sees it as a dime a dozen.

Mount Glen White Fang Hideout...

Roman looked at his scroll while wiping the sweat off his forehead when he received the message saying that he agreed.

If the Vale council did pardon Neo and him then The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant couldn't go after their heads both figuratively and literally speaking.

And if they still helped but weren't pardoned then the bounty hunter would give them a six months head start, which was considerate of him.

"Oh Roman." Said his Employer with a low yet threatening tone.

"Hey Cinder, what can ol' Torchwick do for you? Or atleast Neo since you refuse to let me leave this stink hole." Torchwick replied before sitting on a crate of dust with a less than amused face.

"Don't be so hasty now but yes. Has Neo tracked our little hunter down yet?" Cinder asked.

"No, she says that she keeps losing him once he heads into the city." Roman lied before Cinder walked up to him with flames emitting from her hand.

"Really? And what part of 'Track him down' don't you understand? He's better off on our side than Ozpin's. Whatever price he's asking I'll double it." Cinder said in confidence as she put the small flame from her hand near Torchwick's face.