■CHAPTER 6■

"Sometimes, the wrong train takes you to the right station ".

❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊

At Kim/Sharma house
India

As the first rays of the rising sun peek through the window, Naya's mom, Mrs. Kim, realizes that her daughter is still sound asleep. Knowing that Naya will be late for work if she doesn't wake up soon.

With a twinkle in her eye and a mischievous smile, Mrs. Kim enters Naya's room armed with an arsenal of tricks. She tiptoes towards Naya's bed, careful not to make a sound. Taking a deep breath, Mrs. Kim positions herself right next to Naya's ear, ready to unleash her comedic attempt to rouse her daughter.

Pausing for a moment, Mrs. Kim whispers in a playful yet exaggerated voice, "Naya, wake up! The sun is shining so bright, it even borrowed your sunglasses!" She suppresses a giggle, knowing that her daughter's love for fashion and accessories would surely elicit a response.

Naya stirs slightly, her eyes fluttering open, but she remains in her sleepy haze. Undeterred, Mrs. Kim proceeds with her next tactic. She gently nudges Naya's shoulder, teasingly exclaiming, "Oh Naya, the birds outside have written a new song just for you, but they need an audience! Wake up, my little sleeping beauty!"

Naya lets out a half-hearted moan, still reluctant to fully wake up. Mrs. Kim, determined to make her daughter rise, decides to pull out her secret weapon. She reaches over to Naya's bedside table, grabs her phone, and starts playing Naya's favorite Bollywood songs at full volume.

Suddenly, the lively beats fill the room, causing Naya to startle awake. She jolts upright, her eyes wide open, finally fully aware of her surroundings. Mrs. Kim can't help but burst into laughter, proud of her successful wake-up call.

Amidst the laughter, Naya playfully scolds her mom, saying, "Mom, you always find the funniest ways to wake me up!" Mrs. Kim smiles warmly, happy to have successfully stirred her daughter from her deep slumber, ready to face the day ahead.

----------------

Naya POV

I slowly opened my eyes and stretched in my cozy bed. My mom's voice echoed through the room, reminding me to freshen up and come downstairs for breakfast. I rubbed my eyes, feeling a mix of relaxation and anticipation for the day ahead.

I obediently got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, still half-asleep. Yawning, I  grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste, staring into the mirror absentmindedly. However, something caught my attention-a figure standing behind me, reflected in the mirror. My heart skipped a beat, and I froze in fear, forgetting the proposal I had made to Taehyung to stay in my house.

My eyes widened as I took in the sight of Taehyung standing there, a bewildered expression on his face. Panic washed over me as I  desperately tried to remember the peculiar arrangement we had. I dropped my toothbrush, causing a clatter that startled me even more.

Unable to contain my fear any longer, I  let out an ear-piercing scream. My parents got alarmed by the sudden shriek, rushed to my aid, concern etched on their faces.

"What happened, Naya? Are you okay?" My mother asked, her voice filled with worry.

Caught off guard, I quickly thought of an explanation to avoid revealing the truth about Taehyung's presence. My mind raced, and I  blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.

"There was a cockroach! It was huge!" I stammered, my eyes darting around the room.

My parents exchanged puzzled glances, clearly unable to spot any signs of a cockroach. Nonetheless, they comforted me, assuring me that it was gone.