11

Katsuki sighed, re-reading the text message on his phone. His brows furrowed as he knocked on Izuku's door, patiently waiting for the greenette to open. They hadn't seen each other in five weeks. He missed his boyfriend very much, especially after Izuku had practically ghosted him. Though, the sudden text from the freckled man had him worrying, thinking back to what his friends had told him on their hike. 

Izuku: Hey, sorry I haven't replied in a while. I've been super busy with work lately. Are you free Sunday? You should swing by my place while you have the chance. I'd like to talk to you about something important.

Izuku hadn't even mentioned the missed messages, missed calls, flowers by his door... He had completely ignored every effort the blond had put in and now he wanted to talk about something serious. 

"Hey." The greenette spoke, opening the door and shifting out of the way. Bakugou immediately gave a smile, his heart flipping in his chest at the sight of his lover. 

"Hey, how are you?" He asked, awkwardly standing as he held back from giving the freckled man a kiss. Izuku smiled as he closed the door behind them. 

"I'm alright. Thanks for taking the time to stop by." The greenette added. 

"You're my boyfriend, come on. I'll always make time for you, when I can. Especially since I haven't heard from you in over a month. Have you really been that busy?" He nervously chuckled, following the curly-haired man into his living room. He watched as Izuku took a seat on his sofa, and he followed. 

"Well, I have been pretty busy lately, I won't lie. But I'm not going to say I haven't had time to text you. I had some free time but just couldn't... I found it difficult to text you back. Or call you back. I couldn't even thank you for the roses." He sadly hummed. Katsuki's brows furrowed together as he shifted uncomfortably. 

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked, fear growing inside his chest. This wasn't looking good, and despite the tough look he usually put on, he was actually on the verge of crying right now. "Did I do something?" 

"It's... No, you didn't do anything. I mean, you did. You did plenty, but nothing wrong. You've been nothing but kind to me." He started, fiddling with his fingers. "It's just... Uhm." He choked, finding it hard to maintain eye contact with beautiful crimsons. "I think you and I should end this. This... I just think we should stay friends. Or stop everything altogether." He timidly spoke out. 

That was it, that was enough. Crimsons met the floor as his vision blurred. His throat contracted to a close as he found it hard to breathe. He had gone through plenty of breakups before, but they usually happened when the relationship was obviously going to fail or when Bakugou purposely screwed things up with someone he didn't really like anymore. This was coming out of the blue, something he didn't expect at all. He had feared it, but didn't think it was actually going to happen. He didn't understand where he went wrong, or what made Izuku suddenly change his mind about them. 

"Why?" He managed to squeak out, keeping his voice steady to try and keep himself from shedding a tear. 

"It's just... You and I are so different! You like cars and you like going out at night, amusement parks and hikes. You go mountain climbing, you hang out with friends, you go on jogs and runs in the mornings... You're just an active guy overall. I don't like going out that much, I'd rather just stay home and relax. I know nothing about cars or any of your interests, I'm not exactly the active type and I feel as if I can't really relate to any of your passions." Midoriya explained, trying to sugarcoat things. "I just think it's best if we find people that share our interests." He finished. A silence roamed as Bakugou took a second to compose himself.