10

"So, why are you calling me now? You should have called me sooner." 

Izuku sighed, scrolling through the documents he had been working on. "I don't know, Ochako! I know I'm late with all of this. I just... I feel like I'm just leading him on." He pouted, glancing over to his phone, which was set aside. He stared at the white letter spelling out his best friend's name. 

"You said it's been a month since you contacted him, right? Don't you think he's gotten the hint, by now?" Uraraka spoke, her voice resonating throughout the greenette's apartment. Izuku sighed, rubbing a hand over his face. 

"He keeps messaging me, even though I don't reply. He keeps asking me how my day is going and if I'm free for another date soon. He even dropped flowers by my door while I was out, the other day!" Izuku muttered, typing a few words onto his laptop screen. 

"Well, if he's not catching on, then maybe you should talk things out." 

"How!? Oh, sorry I haven't replied in a month. I also don't think you and I are going to work out. Bye!" The greenette sarcastically spoke, a wave of panic overtaking him as his friend laughed on the line. "I'd sound like a complete dick." He cursed beneath his breath.

"No, you dummy. Message him and apologize for not being available or something, then tell him you'd like to meet up to discuss something important. It's always better to talk about these things face-to-face." The brunette explained. A silence roamed before the female's voice was heard again. "You told me about him when you first started seeing him. What changed? You were head-over-heels when you two met." 

"We're just not meant to be." Izuku shrugged. "It's hard to explain. I just don't think he and I are going to work out. We're so... Different." He mumbled. He remembered the events that had taken place four weeks prior, when he and the blond had had sex for the first time together. He remembered the following morning, when Katsuki had planned a vacation with his friends to go mountain-climbing whenever it was nice out. "He's an active guy. He's got hobbies and interests that I can't relate to. We're polar opposites." He explained. 

"He sounds like a charming guy, though. I think you should at least give it another shot. I'm sure with a bit of communication and time together, you two will work things out." His friend spoke. The freckled man sighed. 

"Ochako..." He breathed, glancing over to his cell. 

"Or... Just do what you want. I won't force you to stay with him, I can't do that. I just hope you're not doing something you'll regret." The woman spoke again. "Okay, I've got to go now. I got some stuff to do." 

"Alright, then. Bye, Ocha. Thanks for the advice." The 23-year-old muttered, hovering his index over the End Call button. He waited until his best friend replied before hanging up, sighing as he returned his attention to his laptop screen. He was so close to actually starting his own thing - To becoming an independent interior designer. All he had to do was post his own site and wait for someone to ask for his service, make a profit then quit his current assistant position. 

Emerald eyes shot to the corner of the screen as an email suddenly appeared. 

Kora: You didn't reply to my text. If I find out you're slacking off, I'm taking a percentage off your pay. I need four green cushions and a rocking chair, NOW!!! The list is in your text messages, CHECK THEM. I need them before noon. ASAP. Answer me so I know you're actually working. 

Izuku sighed sadly, flipping his phone to scroll through his messages. He immediately found the text his boss was talking about, knowing he most likely missed it while he was in a call with Uraraka. He quickly read through the list, typing away on his keyboard.