"I better pass this."

"You're going to do more than pass this." I whispered back and I saw the storm in his eyes. I winked before I headed to the professor and placed the homework on her desk. When I turned back, I saw Nott talking to the two other Slytherins. I could see their lips move, and I put on my wolf hearing.

"What was that about?"

"What?" Nott said in a boring voice as he inspected his nails.

"You and the serial killer's daughter." The broad Slytherin hissed.

"Don't call her that, you don't know her." He shot back.

"And you do?" The other asked.

"Not yet, but I will."

I was a bit surprised at his defensive stance to the other Slytherins, especially since it was about me. I shook my head before walking back to the desk and sat back down next to him. The two other boys looked at me with a stink eye, but Nott just had his gaze directed to the front again. I flipped my book open to the right page, but again my mind drifted to nothing. My gaze was fixed on a smudge on the window behind the blackboard. I didn't hear the professor talking, or any of the students. My head was completely shut off from the world. I came out of it when Nott placed a hand on my arm.

"Lupin-Black? You're alive in there?" He said teasingly but I heard a fraction of concern seep through.

"Hm, what?" I turned to look at him.

"I asked if you were still alive in there." The concern was now visible on the boy's face.

"Yes, I'm breathing, aren't I?" I snapped at him, and he pulled his hand of my arm quickly. The class ended just then and once again, I was up from my seat before everyone else and walked out of the room.

"Lupin-Black!" I heard Nott call behind me, but I just kept going until I was standing in front of my chambers. I walked straight to my room and dropped my bag on the bed. As I slid down to the ground and leaned against the bed. I pulled my knees up and buried my head in them, the night of the full moon, the break-up with Jack, the exam, the move, it all became too much. The tears started to fall, making my skirt wet. When I heard the main door open and close again, I jumped up and dried my tears.

"Alec?" Moony's voice came from the other side of the room.

"I'll be there in a second. Just changing into something more comfortable." I called back with a steady voice, much to my own surprise. I head his footsteps retreat and pulled out black sweatpants and an oversized hoody out of my wardrobe. When I had changed, I walked out of my room. Moony was already pacing in behind the couch.

"Uncle Moony?"

"I should never have taken a job as a teacher! What if I hurt someone?"

"Hey, hey." I walked over and stopped his pacing by placing my hands on his shoulder. "We talked about this. All summer actually." I smiled softly. "I'll be with you the whole time and you took your potion. It will all be okay; I even believe we can stay in here tonight."

"I won't do it."

"I know, but we'll be fine. Trust, Moony."

"Trust." He repeated as he took in slow breaths.

"What time do you want to go?" I asked and dropped my hands from his shoulders as he glanced to his watch.

"What about now? It's getting dark already."

"Alright. Let me get my bag." I walked to my bedroom but turned to look over my shoulder. "Do you need anything?"

"Your company is enough, cub." He smiled softly. I smiled back before grabbing my bag out of the room.