Burning Hearts

En başından başla

His eyebrows raised, "And what made you think that I care about what you want?" He grinned before he took off his shirt that was now drenched in alcohol.

He then started taking heavy steps, one of those walks that always scared the shit out of me while the glass pieces shattered under his feet with every step he took, "Now....you're acting  like a monster, just like your..." I hesitated for a moment but my mouth just blurted it out, "Just me Like your sick dad!"

He gazed at me a bit shocked but in an instant, I felt his hand reach for my neck, pulling me up by it till I couldn't feel my toes on the floor. "Maybe because I am his son, so that makes me a monster too" He groaned at my face.

At that moment, I should've been scared for the life that he was trying to take, but I just couldn't bring myself to feel the spark of fear. I grabbed his hand with my shaky hands, trying to open his grip while I couldn't catch a breath. "You're...not...a...monster," I managed to say.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?" He yelled but I could feel his voice cracking. clearly confused by what I said as if he wasn't expecting to hear such a thing from me.

"I..I know that..it wasn't your fault...that.... she's dead" I said, my voice turning into a whimper, running out of breath.

"I know...that...he was the...monster not...you" my eyes now surrounded by warm tears.

There was no more oxygen left in my body and everything was going dark but I managed to gather all the strength in my body, "you were just..... a kid" I managed to say my last words, ready for my soul to leave my body at that moment. But I felt his grip getting a bit loose, giving me more time to speak and I took my chance to let in a deep breath, "You're not him," I said it a bit louder while my tears were rolling down my cheek.

"But you did the same to me....and that girl.." I cried out as I locked my gaze into his, his raging eyes were now mixed with so much more emotions, turning into deep pain.

"Your mother...She wasn't a dog, "I continued sobbing.

"And neither am I." I finished and He suddenly let go of my throat. I fell down to my knees, massaging my throat as well as gasping for air.

He wrapped his hands around his head, taking a few steps back as he started groaning underneath his breath, mumbling things that couldn't reach my ears.

I slowly stood up while his back was facing me, "Go.."He whispered. "I said go..." He yelled after not hearing any footsteps from me.

"No.." I replied, "I'm not leaving." I cried out, still not able to stop my tears from rolling down my face.

He didn't reply and now I could see his whole body covered with sweat, still not facing me.

I paused for a brief moment before I took a step forward and With a heavy breath I called out his name. "Tom?"  I said in a whisper but before I could react, he suddenly turned to me and slammed his fist hard against the wall, right beside my head. I gasped and the impact was so powerful that the resulting sound caused a slight ringing sensation in my left ear.

I looked up at him, his sweaty face that was covered with alcohol and a bit blood beside his forehead by the bottle I had broke on his head, and his eyes that was locked on mine with an familiar expression. the expression that I was seeking for days.

Tears still streamed down my cheeks while his breath remained steady. His gaze was fixed on mine and as I looked closer, I noticed the glistening wetness around his eyes, the tears that was illuminated by the dim light.

The way he breathed, the way his tears found their ways to roll down his cheeks, It melted my heart. I moved a bit closer and in an instant, I wrapped my arms around him and pull myself into his embrace.