"Are you at least excited? Underneath all the nerves?" Sharon asked, thoroughly observing her daughter.

Shanae smiled, nodding and simultaneously letting out a breath. "Yes ma'am! It's been crazy planning such an extravagant wedding – I'm ready to see the fruit of mine and Hendrichs' labor."

Unlike most men, Hendrichs had been very involved in the planning of every single thing for their wedding day. Initially, it was supposed to be a small wedding – but Hendrichs suggested they do it big since it would only be a once-in-a lifetime event for them. They'd picked everything to be significant to their journey, from the winter wonderland theme, wedding team, all the way to the cake flavor.

Though initially supposed to be a white and lilac wedding, once planning started – everything pointed towards a white and icy blue colored wedding. She had loved how they spoke about every detail, and he had not just told her to do everything then he'd pay. He'd been so involved, that planning the whole wedding was so enjoyable for them.

"All I can say is, it's beautiful – and I am so proud of you for making it this far. I'm proud of you for getting it right on your first proposal. You've been doing better than me, and that is all a mother could desire."

"Aww momsy, don't make me cry." She cooed, her heart squeezing at the sound of the praise that left her mother's lips. "It might have started out as a bet to see if I could do better than you, but it never came to that. I'm just doing well for myself, and I'm glad that you are finally proud of me."

Sharon smiled, seeing the beauty that is her daughter standing before her. "Let's get you in that wedding dress before you are late for your own wedding."

"Are the ladies ready?" Shanae questioned, walking back into the bride's dressing room which had been separated from the bridal team's section.

"When I left they were getting into their dresses. Should I get Lena in here?" Shanae had selected Helena to be her maid of honor which did not come as a surprise to the wedding team, or their parents.

"Yes please." Shanae nodded, taking a seat on the cushioned chair before her. She looked at her gray wedding dress cover, awaiting Helena's arrival. Beside Helena, her bridal team consisted of Camisha, Annalise, and her cousin Kori from her father's side. Hendrichs had selected Logan as his best man, with Amaru, Lukas, and Mike as his groomsmen.

Soon enough the door slightly opened, and Helena gasped as soon as her eyes fell upon her sister in love. "Oh my goodness sis, you look so ethereal. What the heck?" She cupped her mouth with the palm of her hands, and Shanae blushed at the compliment.

"Thank you friend." She smiled. "You're looking so good as well. The hazel-green eyes are to die for!"

They briefly hugged, Helena grinning at the compliment she had just received.

"Let's get you in this dress. I know that train is gonna murder me." She chuckled, before they got to work. Shanae's mother walked into the room as well, ready to lend a hand where needed. Soon enough the off shoulder white dress was out of its cover – the slight rays of sunlight catching the mirror crystal-embellished dress. The mermaid dress was delicate, so they helped her put it on – and soon the zipper was going up, and her mother was bringing the detachable skirt to them. Once attached, the two stepped back looking at her.

"Wow!" Helena exclaimed looking at the masterpiece that was Shanae. "Hayes is one lucky man, because damn Shanae. The dress compliments your body so well."

"I'm so glad." Shanae smiled before looking at her mother who's eyes had become moist.

"You look so beautiful." Sharon smiled, slightly shaking her head. "My baby is all grown up, ready to be someone's wife."