0:56

She'd been intentionally late to Tamarindo, the restaurant that would house the conversation between her sperm donor and herself

She'd been intentionally late to Tamarindo, the restaurant that would house the conversation between her sperm donor and herself. She was twenty-five minutes late to be exact, and she subtly looked through the glass to see if he had been patient —if he'd really wanted to have this conversation with her.

To her surprise, she saw him holding a hand to his mouth, a cup in front of him as he stared into thin air. His bald head remained constant, as did his style of clothing.

She looked away from the glass, taking a deep breath in, before exhaling. She could choose to leave without making her presence know, which would be the easiest thing to do. However, she needed to overcome this hurdle in order to start her healing journey when it came to her father.

She approached the front door, and the server in waiting opened the door for her, and she offered him a smile.

"Good afternoon ma'am, table for one?" He questioned, taking a menu from the stack that stayed behind the reception arch.

"No thank you, I'm meeting someone. I'm not sure if he actually made reservations, but I did see him through the glass." She explained herself, and he nodded in understanding.

"Lead the way ma'am." He told her, opening a yet another French door that led into the restaurant. The heat that embraced Shanae was much appreciated, considering that winter was slowly making it's way out of Chicago, and spring was rolling in.

She walked carefully, until she reached the table that was in the back center of the restaurant, where Eric was seated waiting for her.

She moved so she could be in his line of sight, and he immediately stood to his feet with a nervous smile on his face.

"Shanae, I'm happy that you made it." He spoke up, but she kept a tight-lipped smile on her face, a response failing to leave her mouth.

"Take a seat, order whatever you'd like. It's on me." He pointed to the cushioned chair that was opposite his, and she drew it out, and sat in it before receiving the menu booklet from the server.

"Should I give you a few minutes? Or you already know what you'll be having." He questioned, his hands behind his back.

"A minute or two is great with me. Thanks..." she paused, waiting to receive his name.

"Marvin." He pointed to his name tag, and she sent a small smile of recognition to him.

"That's dumb of me. Thanks Marvin, two minutes should be great with me." She responded, and focused on the booklet as Eric made an order for himself. Something along the lines of a double shot espresso, with toasted bread that had egg, bacon, and avocado.

She looked through the beverages, hoping to find something of interest outside of a large cup of hot chocolate. She'd been drinking a cup a day each evening for the past two weeks since her birthday outing with her man and their friends.