0:48

Her cheeks lifted as her lips parted, welcoming an uncontrollable smile that sat on her face. She held onto her Louis Vuitton circular handbag, and kept her eyes locked with his as she walked towards him.

He had on a similar smile, and remained seated on the hood of his recently purchased matte black midnight Audi R8. He watched her make her way toward him in a little red sundress, with white and black Forces on her feet. She looked so sweet with her locs falling past her shoulders, and her sunglasses sitting just above her forehead.

"What is this?" She brightly asked him, letting go of her bag, and pointing toward the car.

"A new addition to the family. You like it?" He asked, feeling quite good about himself at that moment.

"I mean damn, you must be real moneyed to just wake up and buy an entire Audi whenever you feel like it." She stepped between his legs, into his awaiting arms. She could feel the heat from his neck as she wrapped her arms around it.

"It wasn't  an impromptu purchase. Never mind that, you're looking hella nice today Shanae. I like it a lot." He kept his arms around her waist as she took a slight step back, just so she could look at his face.

"Aww, thank you Hayes. I was debating on whether to wear Forces, or sandals. I just decided to go with the sneakers. You smell good, I'm tempted to just breathe you in." She slowly ran her hand from the back of his neck, down his neck.

"Don't be shy, you certainly weren't shy that day at the club." He teased, and she blushed, slightly pushing his shoulder. She'd forever be embarrassed of that. When he'd told her, she didn't know where to look, and he certainly did not look like he would ever let that piece of information go.

"Shut up. That wasn't me. That was Kimberly." She was playful about it, but she felt like being petty.

He chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Oh wow. I've been waiting for you to speak on that." He let her go, standing to his feet. For a moment they were body against body, as he slightly towered over her, but she stepped back - and he smiled walking to the passenger's side of the car, and opened the door.

"I mean, it's not like I'm bullshittin', shorty was all up in your space – and you were enjoying it." She innocently smiled in gratitude, before she got into the car. He lifted his brow, amusement on his face before he shook his head and securely closed the door.

He didn't take his time moving around the car, before he smoothly got into his seat, and put on his seatbelt. He then glanced at her, just so he could have the conversation with her, then go on their date.

"I personally don't see anything wrong with having a good working relationship with your co-workers. That's the whole purpose of a team building session." He shrugged, and she raised her brow, slightly taken aback by his response.

"Are we going to ignore the fact that you were disgusted by my very presence in your workplace though? It's like I made your skin crawl. The only reason you legit started being nice to me was because of Amaru doing what he did. Then attraction happened. It's like, outside of that, I couldn't gain your respect. That's what has me baffled." She calmly relayed her feelings to him. She wasn't trying to have an argument with him — quite frankly, she wanted to go on the date. However, she couldn't not address the way she felt.

She knew that if she did not tell him how she felt, that would be their thirteenth reason. How he responded would let her know if she would be willing to proceed on building their relationship.

He sighed, biting his lip shut. He closed his eyes, contemplating all that she had said, and trying to see things from her perspective. Opening his eyes, he shifted in his seat, facing her.