0:53

"I know I invited you, but I actually did not think that you would pull up." Annalise shrieked, placing her half closed fist against her mouth at the sight of Shanae walking out of the doors of JFK's arrivals terminal. The excitement on her face as her eyes remained on Shane, pulled a smile out of Shane. She slightly raised her hand, wiggling her fingers as a greeting to Annalise.

"Ms. Annalise not Anna, what's going on? Your girl is in the apple city..."She paused, laughing at herself, "I mean the big apple! Hey girl." She responded, matching Annalise's energy which surprised Annalise, but what surprised her further was when Shane opened up her one arm, allowing Annalise to come in for a hug.

"I don't know, something about you is different - and I like it a lot." Annalise commented, taking the white and chic suitcase that Shane had been holding.

"Just say that you like that I'm being super friendly with you." Shane chuckled, rolling her eyes playfully.

"I won't even front like I don't like the energy...what brought it on? I mean, I didn't want to ask over text, because all of a sudden you started responding to my messages within a few minutes, and not after three working days."

They started making their way out of the airport, Annalise leading the way to her car.

"A few minutes is a lie," she scoffed, "Even as healed as I can be, I will never text back that quickly. Maybe an hour interval at the very least."

"You get what I mean though! Then you left Haines City? I was surprised when you texted me that." She took out her key fob, and automatically opened the trunk to pearly white suv porsche.

"I guess I had a lot of growing up to do, and Haines City wasn't going to help me do that." Shane shrugged, "Love the Porsche though, rich girl things. Love to see it." She stood to the side, watching Annalise put her luggage in the back, before she pressed a button on the inside, and the door to the trunk lowered itself to a soft close.

"Purr." Shane hyped the car and Annalise up. "Like it's giving rich girl forreal..."

A wide grin sat on Annalise's face. "I guess it's the perks of accepting my dad's offer, gotta make myself happy somehow. Want to drive it?"

"Would love to! But I'm not driving in New York, I don't have the patience...like, zero patience." Shane answered, walking around the car, then hoping into the passenger's seat.

"You just have to know the times to travel, otherwise it's not that bad. You kinda get used to it." She smiled, "Back to you though, I never actually thought I'd see the day you'd leave Haines City. You wanted to prove Hendrichs so badly, did you guys leave it on good terms? Like was he cocky about you leaving? Was he happy? Or he'd gotten over the bet?"

Shane couldn't help the smirk that climbed onto her face, and soft shaking of her head before she turned up the music in Annalise's car. "You are still stuck in history sis. The bet died a million years ago, we were good coworkers now. When I left, it was okay really. Just a normal parting of ways."

She took out her phone, going to the person they were talking about's chat.

Him🥰🙈
Landed?🤔

She bit the corner of her lip, trying to suppress a smile after reading his text message. It was simple, yet it told her so many different things – it brought out so many emotions out of her heart, emotions he'd cultivated throughout the remainder of the month.

Yes sir. You have permission
to stop worrying now🫡

As if he had been waiting on the phone for her to respond, the gray bubbles immediately started dancing on her screen. She bit the inside of her cheek to further try and suppress the smile that was begging to show itself on her face.