"There's another reason?" Jeff asked, surprised.

"Regrettably yes. But I plan to wash my eyes in acid later." I said.

"What?" Jeff asked, laughing in disbelief.

"You've been checking her out?!" Gareth asked.

"Okay, humour me. Look out into the crowd of dancers and tell me who stands out first." I said, encouraging them to test my theory.

And within seconds, Jeff's shoulders sank a little.

"Oh." He said.

Gareth turned back to his beer and took a hearty swig.

"I feel icky." He said.

"She stands out, doesn't she?" I asked, as she commanded the dance floor.

"Yeah. She really does." Grant said.

"Annoying isn't it?" Jeff asked, grimacing slightly.

"Completely. Like I said, I'm scrubbing every inch of myself when I get home." I said.

"She is beautiful, though." Jeff said.

"Easy lover boy. Remember that she stands by whilst Carver gives you shit. She always stands by." I said, as he slapped his face.

"I got it. I'm good." He said, snapping himself out of it.

"She's beautifully ignorant." I said.

"I mean, it is positive that she doesn't say anything." Gareth wagered as I growled with frustration.

"But she knows that everything they've ever said to us, is wrong, is mean and hateful." I snapped.

"I was just gonna add that it's the only positive. Anything else would have been a negative." Gareth said, raising his hands in surrender.

"God, can we go?" I asked, rubbing my face in frustration.

"Sure, come on." Jeff said, with a weak smile.

"I need a cigarette." I said, sighing with relief as we moved towards the doors.

"And then! Your acid bath awaits." Grant declared, with a wide grin.

**********************************************
Eddie's POV.

"So tell me honestly? You were checking her out? For real?" Gareth asked, a few days later, during lunch.

"I guess so. She was hard to miss." I said, feeling a little moody.

"Did you have your acid bath?" Grant asked, with a grin.

"I told you. Every inch of me." I said.

"She sure is beautiful though. The hair, I mean, wow." Jeff said, sounding distant.

"She may be beautiful, and arguably she's my type, but let's not forget who she hangs around with." I said.

"Maybe she feels it's better to hang with him, than be on the other side of the fence where we are." Jeff argued.

"I like this side of the fence just fine." I said, slamming the lid of my lunch box shut.

"As much as you like it, and as much as you have a problem with her, you were looking at her. And you think she's as beautiful, and as fucking stunning as I do. You just don't like it." Jeff said.

"I don't. Leaves a real fucking sour taste in my mouth." I snapped.

"You tell us not to let Carver bother us. But she bothers you." Jeff said.