He chuckled. 'I don't think he will be able to,' he said and dipped his head. 'However, let's go that way and see what your mate has to say.'

I slowly nodded and started to walk that way, gesturing for Julius to follow me.

'Hey, TJ,' my dad said, and I paused and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

He smiled and dipped his head closer to his chest. 'Your mate will trust you when she sees you in wolf form no matter what Mel has said.'

I tried to stop the hope filling my heart, but I couldn't, and I couldn't help but stand a little taller, proud. 'Promise?' I asked, and he nodded.

'I promise.'

I bit back a sigh of relief before I nodded and started that way, praying that what he said was true, and he followed.

Please let it, I silently prayed. Please.

***

"Do you know when Tommy is going to come back?" Serenity asked worriedly while we walked back into the cove. "I mean, it's been quite a while. What if he isn't going to come back? What if he is hurt or injured? Aren't you worried that something bad is going to happen to him?"

"No," I heard Bryson said, and I held back an eye roll and a scowl, amused. "He can handle himself. He's a big boy. Besides, I have a feeling that the Alpha decided to hang around for a bit too."

"The Alpha?" Serenity asked while we walked closer. She didn't seem to notice that we were there, but the others did, even though they made no move towards us.

"The black wolf," I said, and Serenity looked over at us. I smiled and dipped my head when I saw the relief in her eyes, happy that she was happy I was back. "I'm sorry. I got caught up with something." I looked at my father who had sat down before I looked in her direction and continued to her side.

Serenity looked at my dad too before she looked at me. "You're safe," she said, and I bit back a small smile, amused and nodded.

"I am," I said before I cleared my throat and handed her stuff to her. "Here," I said. "Everything is safe, but I am sorry if the shirt and shorts are just a bit muddy."

Serenity shook her head. "It doesn't matter," she said and offered me a small smile. "Thank you," she said, and I smiled a little. "I appreciate it." She shivered a little, and I pressed my lips into a thin line worried.

I frowned and furrowed my brows while I looked at her, worried. "Are you cold?" I asked, and she shrugged and looked down, not meeting my gaze. "Don't do that, Seren. What is it?"

"I'm a little cold," she admitted and shrugged. "But I will be fine."

"Are you ready to go back?" I asked, and she instantly shook her head while her eyes grew wide.

"No," she said and shook her head again. "I'm still wanting to enjoy everything and swim some more."

'It's been a while. She needs to go back to her house,' my father said, gravely. 'They have been asking questions.'

I pressed my lips into a thin line, and my heart broke because I didn't want her to leave just yet.

However, I knew that for her safety, it would be best if we left before they started to ask more questions or try to find us.

'Act like you contacted us through the woods and want us home,' I said, and I could feel my dad's eyebrow go up while he kept his face neutral. 'I'll explain later but please, do it before she asks questions.'

My father subtly nodded before he whined and let out a small softish bark, and we looked at him.

"Oh," Serenity said softly in shock as if she didn't expect him to do anything. Her eyes grew wide while my father whined and started to walk towards us. "Uhhh..."

"It's his way of telling us that we have to go," I said, my heart breaking a little. I cleared my throat before I shifted on my feet. "Something came up, I think, and that is why he is acting like this."

Serenity looked at me and furrowed her brows. "What came up?" she asked, confused.

I shrugged and grimaced. "I don't know," I replied, honestly, "but the Alpha doesn't do this unless something happened at the house."

"Or if your parents want you," Bryson said, playing along without being prompted. He groaned and pouted while he looked at my dad. "Does that mean my father wants us to go back to the main house too?" he asked.

My father held back an eye roll but nodded, and Bryson groaned again.

"Fine," he said and slouched forward with a small pout on his face, and my dad scowled and narrowed his eyes.

"But I haven't gotten to swim," Julius said and looked at us with a small pout. "Alpha, are you sure that I have to go home?" he asked and looked at him. "Please, can't I stay?"

Our father growled and narrowed his eyes at my brother, and Serenity flinched just a little but didn't move away from me. He flicked his ears back before he narrowed his brows further, and his meaning was clear; Julius was to go home as well.

"We can go swimming again later," I said and my brother looked at me. "However, I need to get some food in my stomach."

"Can I join?" Serenity asked, hope appearing in her voice, and I nodded. She sighed before she nodded. "Ok," she said before she sighed and shook her head. "Then let's go." She hesitated before she looked at me. "Will I be able to see you again?"

"Of course," I said and nodded. "We'll see each other again." I looked at Mel and raised an eyebrow.

My sister scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I know, I am coming too," she said. She looked at our dad. "Can you let our parents know that we will be back shortly?"

Our father nodded and gestured for the others to go before he turned around and left, and we followed him until we needed to take a path to go down a different way.

Goddess, please let her stay safe.

Please.