Chapter 7

~~~ This is my mental image of Rimmon. Look down on the right side -->~~~

Gavin was back inside Belle's apartment. She still wore the same sensuous robe, but now it was belted tightly over her, offering adequate cover. He felt nervous and had to resist the urge to pace. "I felt terrible, leaving like I did. You've been nothing but amazing since we met and even if we don't know each other well I felt like you deserved an explanation. It's been a very long time for me, since I've been able to share a night with a woman." he started, trying to come up with a plausible explanation on hte fly.

Belle just watched him, hair touseled from sleep, eyes drowsy and strangely compelling. She watching him without word or judgement, waiting for him to offer his explanation with infinite seeming patience. "I ah... well..." he trailed off and suddenly Belle smiled.

"It's alright. I think I understand. You were locked up, not able to get any play and now you're afraid you'll be rough with me." she offered, interpreting his hesitation as embarassment of being a convict.

But at least it was a good reason so he agreed to it.. "Yeah. I didn't want to scare you away. I think I like you Belle. You're bold and exciting." he complimented and she glowed.

"I don't care if you're a convict. I don't think you're gonig to hurt me." she looked away for a moment, deciding something. "I have no stones to throw. I'm sort of a prostitute, not exactly a work resume you want getting around. Not that you were a job!" she added in quickly. "I ah.. actually wasn't working tonight when we met. I was just out on the town." she explained, blushing a little at her babbling.

Gavin smiled, seeing her sweet nature despite her immoral job choice. "Well Bell, it's a pleasure to make you acquaintance." he offered his hand to her like a college. She laughed and shook it, smiling at him.

"Now I have the distinct impression that you never found your hotel after leaving." Belle indicated his drenched attire. "Hang on a sec ok?" she asked and stepped out, going into Lone's apartment without knocking. She'd left the door unlocked incase Belle needed her. In a moment she was back at her own room, handing Gavin some men's sweatpants.

"Here, my neighbor thinks she's a size large men's. These should fit." she offered. She wanted to help peel him out of the tight shirt that stuck wetly to his chest, but he seemed to retreat from her touch. He was definitly interested, so she knew he wasn't sly, but he seemed almost afraid of her.

Gavin retreated away from her eager fingers and hid in hte bathroom, clutching the dry pants to his chest. He had to smile ruefully at his situation though. It was a certian change from how he used to be. Ten years ago if this had happened, he'd have bent her over the side of the counter and made her scream his name. But now he hid, not trusting himself to not take advantage of her obvious attraction.

He slipped the soaked BDU'S off after taking off his combat boots, and even had to shuck his dripping boxers, uncomfortable at wearing the pants commando but having no other choice. She told him to grab a dry towel out of the linen closet in the bathroom and dry off. So he scruffed his hair until it no longer squeezed out and dried his skin, finally pulling on the sweatpants. They were dark grey and flowy, long enough to cover hte tops of his bare feet. They sat low enough on his hips you could see the lines of muscles, the drawstring tied on hte front the only thing keeping hte large pants on him. Whomever owned this things either liked super baggy clothes or was a big person.

He stepped back out into the apartment adn heard Belle sigh. She was unabashedly looking him up and down, lust a dark fire in her eyes. Her regard held him in place, furiously screaming at his body to remain calm. This was about the job, not about the pleasure. Focus on finding Elonore. Belle made a move as if to step towards him when he spoke up, stopping her. "I'll sleep on the divan. It looks more than large enough and it'll be more comfortable than some of the beds I've used before." he suggested with a smile.