13 | ❝Lullaby❞ - MJ

╔══════════════════╗
KIM MYUNGJUN
✎ xiii. lullaby
╚══════════════════╝

You turned to the other side of the bed again, trying to find a comfortable position that would gift you a good night's sleep

You turned to the other side of the bed again, trying to find a comfortable position that would gift you a good night's sleep. But nothing seemed to work. No matter what position, how many blankets you had, or whether you were lying on the cool side of the pillow seemed to make any difference.

You tried drinking water, warm milk, taking melatonin, a breathing exercise, listening to soft music, and lying down with your eyes shut for 30 minutes. Yet, still, sleep evaded you.

You sighed in frustration, feeling hopeless at this point. Why was falling asleep so damn hard?

Your eyes glanced over to your boyfriend who was sleeping soundly next to you. How did he manage it so easily every night?

You hesitated, not knowing if waking Myungjun up was really the best idea. But you didn't know what else to try at this point. You tapped his shoulder ever-so-gently, eyes watching his face in hopes he would wake up.

He stirred slightly, his eyes opening slowly and a sigh leaving his lips. "Baby?" He asked softly, realising something must be wrong if you were still awake at this hour. He observed your face, worry setting in his features as he noticed how sleep-deprived you looked.

"I can't sleep..." You whispered helplessly. The amount of failed attempts at falling asleep tonight was just making you feel like shit. Even a newborn baby could get to sleep just fine, but you couldn't?

"I'm sorry to wake you up... but I've tried everything, and I just want to get some sleep. Can we cuddle or something?" You asked, and Myungjun nodded immediately.

"Of course. Come here." He smiled, grabbing your wrist gently, and pulling you over so your head was resting on his chest. He hugged you, left hand rubbing up and down your back in a soothing manner.

"Do you want me to sing for you?" He offered, wanting to try anything he could to let you get some rest as soon as possible.

You smiled, "Yes please." You closed your eyes, hugging him tighter and snuggling under the covers. He started to sing softly, almost in a whisper. It was delicate and breathy, and even though he had just woken up 3 minutes ago, he sounded gorgeous.

With the help of his singing, you were slowly lulled to sleep, breathing deepening. Myungjun smiled and closed his eyes too, drifting back to sleep easily with you in his arms.