6 | ❝Cookies, Cuddles, and a Conversation❞ - Sanha

╔══════════════════╗
YOON SANHA
✎ vi. cookies, cuddles, and a conversation
╚══════════════════╝

In all your 3 years of working at this job, no day had been as stressful as this one

In all your 3 years of working at this job, no day had been as stressful as this one. You started out the morning being late for work because of a traffic accident that blocked the road - an immediate bad omen to start your day. And it only got worse from there.

Because you were late, you missed an important meeting about new employees and who your new boss was going to be. Turns out, your new boss is the most insufferable person you've ever interacted with.

Everyone knows you as the nice employee who does her job well. But today, you were struggling to keep up with that reputation. With every rude comment your boss poked at you throughout the day, your patience just grew thinner and thinner.

You were so overloaded with work by midday, that you couldn't even take the proper lunch break. You had no choice but to watch from your work desk as your colleagues left the building cheerily, leaving you and your towering stack of papers to go through.

It was now late in the evening and you were finally off for the day. Just a short 4 hours behind schedule. Your boss had assigned you overtime work last minute, which went against company policy. But at that point, you were worried if you talked back to him one more time, you would get fired.

You had scoffed at the ridiculousness of the situation as he left your office, wondering who had hired the man. You had never even seen him work in the building before, and you could tell his knowledge was lacking. He barely even met the minimum requirements to lead a team of workers, and he was miles behind your old boss, who you were now missing sorely.

But now that you were off work, you brushed the bad day off, focusing on getting home to Sanha as quickly as possible. You could really use some cuddles with him under a blanket.

You got into the driver's seat of your car, a relieved sigh escaping your lips now that you were finally going home. Today being a Friday, meant that you had 2 more blessed, free days to spend with Sanha after this. No more work to ruin your day for this week.

You turned the key to start the engine, but you were only met with the sound of ugly grouches from the engine. You furrowed your brows, trying the key again, but again, the only sound you heard was the engine trying to start, and failing miserably.

"Don't you dare-" You whispered to yourself, stressed at the thought that now was the time your old car decided to break down. You tried again and again, getting your hopes up each time you thought you heard the engine turn on for a bit longer. But, after the 15th time turning the key, you gave up.

Stepping out of the car, you looked under the hood, inspecting the cables and machinery which you couldn't even begin to try to understand. You were helpless. All of the knowledge you had about cars dated back to when you took your driver's test 6 years ago, and most of it had left your brain by now.