7 | ❝Cupcakes❞ - Eunwoo

╔══════════════════╗
LEE DONGMIN
✎ vii. cupcakes
╚══════════════════╝

You had just taken strawberry cupcakes out of the oven, when you heard the door open and Eunwoo step through it

You had just taken strawberry cupcakes out of the oven, when you heard the door open and Eunwoo step through it. He hung his coat, took off his shoes, ran a hand through your hair, and quickly stepped into the kitchen once his nose picked up on the sweet smell.

You smiled, placing the oven mitts aside, and going to hug him. His attention was on you while the hug lasted, but as soon as you stepped aside, he walked over to the cooling rack where the bare cupcakes were placed.

"Those look yummy-"

"Don't even try it. I haven't even iced them yet." You stopped him.

"But-" His hand went to grab one, and you quickly slapped it away.

"Get your hands off my cupcakes." You brandished a whisk like a weapon, threatening your boyfriend. He giggled, backing away.

"But I'll get some once you're done, right?" He asked, leaning against the counter and watching you get out the ingredients to make icing.

"Nope, I made them for Bin, not for you." You lied, keeping a straight face and grabbing a measuring spoon. The look of betrayal on Eunwoo's face was priceless as he believed your words in an instant.

You burst out laughing, walking over to him. "Of course you get some once I'm done." You smiled, "They're for you, not for Bin. You've been working hard lately, so I thought you could use something sweet."

He was smiling by now, and you reached up to boop his nose, finding him exceptionally cute in the moment. "Plus, how could I resist a face like yours?" You smiled, making him laugh.

"You can have as many as you'd like, but wait until I'm finished with them." You told him, going back to the stovetop where you were melting sugar to make a syrup for the icing.

"Do you need help?" He asked, coming up beside you and peering into the small pan.

"By 'help' do you mean 'handsome distraction'?" You asked, mixing the sugar. "With a face like yours, I'll just end up forgetting about the cupcakes altogether."

"Really?" He asked, a mischievous expression growing on his face. "Am I that distracting?" He whispered in your ear, knowing exactly what his affect on you was.

Your cheeks brightened, "I'm gonna burn the sugar, go away..." You muttered.

He sighed, "Okay... I don't want you to blame me for ruining the cupcakes." He kissed your blushing cheek, "I'll go now." Flashing you a cute smile, he walked out of the kitchen, and you exhaled.

Your hand went up to your cheek, feeling how hot it had become. "Eunwoo, why do you affect me this much...?" You shook off your flustered feeling, going back to mixing up the icing.

You were just starting to ice the cupcakes, making pretty swirl designs and roses out of icing, when Eunwoo walked into the kitchen again. You looked up, watching him inch towards you as if he was trying to be subtle.

"I know I said that I would leave, but..." He started, coming up next to you, "I missed you." He pouted.

You smiled, taking his wrists and wrapping them around your waist, as you could see he wanted to hug you, but also didn't want to distract you again.

"I'm just icing the cupcakes, it doesn't take much concentration. There's no sugar that I could burn if I'm not careful." You explained, your words encouraging him to hug you tighter. "So, you can stay."

He rested his head on your shoulder, watching your hands intently as they iced one cupcake after another.

"Can I try?" He asked.

"Sure, if you want to." You handed him the piping bag and instructed him on how to use it properly.

"Put pressure from the top of the bag, or it won't come out as easily. And make sure it's twisted around several times or you might make a mess." You explained to him, before giving him a cupcake.

He hovered over the cupcake with the piping bag nervously, before starting to ice it. He tried to copy one of your pretty swirls, but ended up with an uneven blob.

"I thought it would be easy-" He said, staring at his creation with confusion on how he managed to mess up that bad.

You laughed looking at his cupcake, "Here, I'll demonstrate." You took the bag back from him, twisting it again and holding it above a cupcake. You applied even pressure, squeezing the icing out, and creating a perfect swirl of icing. "Like that."

Eunwoo tilted his head, "That doesn't-" He took back the bag from you, and grabbed another cupcake. He did a bit better this time, but the results were still clearly lacking compared to yours.

You giggled at his stumped face. "You'll get better eventually. It just takes some practice." You finished the last cupcake quickly, handing it over to Eunwoo to try once it had been adorned with icing. He took a bite, smiling once he tasted it.

"Is it good?"

"It's really tasty, baby. How many of these did you make-"

You laughed, "Are they that good?"

He nodded quickly, laughing afterwards, "Can you bake for me more often?"

"That might take some convincing..."

"Like what?" He asked, finishing the cupcake.

"A kiss?"

"I think I might be able to manage that." He mused, pulling you closer. He kissed you, and you could taste the sweet strawberry flavour from the cupcakes on his lips, making you smile.

"Was that convincing enough?" Eunwoo asked against your lips, and you nodded.

"You're very convincing."