2 | ❝Bell Pepper❞ - Eunwoo

╔══════════════════╗
LEE DONGMIN
✎ ii. bell pepper
╚══════════════════╝

A tired yawn escaped you as you poured yourself a glass of water

A tired yawn escaped you as you poured yourself a glass of water. It was around 6 in the morning, still foggy and dark outside. You debated whether to make food or not. Eunwoo wasn't awake yet, and usually you would have breakfast together. Maybe you'd just make some tea.

You got out the kettle and put it on to boil, then looked through the drawer of tea bags at your seemingly endless options.

A smile crept on your face as you poured water over the teabag. Yesterday you had gotten the test results for the sex of your baby, revealing to you and Eunwoo that you were expecting a baby boy.

You would have been overjoyed to get either a boy or a girl, but finally knowing for certain which it was brought more excitement to you both.

As soon as Eunwoo found out, he started calling the baby his "little prince" and going on about how he would definitely inherit his dad's good looks.

And it was moments like those that overpowered all the struggles of pregnancy, replacing them with happiness, excitement, and thankfulness that you were even able to start a family with Eunwoo.

You often had all these thoughts early in the morning after you had just woken up. Your little moment of happiness was welcomingly interrupted, as you were soon met with strong arms around you, Eunwoo back hugging you comfortably.

"How are you this morning?" He asked softly in his slightly raspy morning voice, resting his hands gently on your stomach - his habit he had begun since you had first gotten pregnant. It made him feel closer to his child. As if he was growing a connection to him from early on.

You placed your hands over his on your stomach, gently threading your fingers together. The rings on your left hands gently brushed against each other, making you both smile.

"Happy." You responded to his greeting question.

"Did you know..." He started, smiling widely, "At 18 weeks... Our baby is the size of a bell pepper?"

Your heart swelled at the cute comparison, "Really?" You turned around to face him and his hands came up to your arms, holding at a close distance and his gaze holding nothing but love.

He nodded, "About this big?" He shaped his hands to make a vaguely bell pepper sized space, and you giggled.

With your hands on his broad shoulders, you stood on your tip toes and gently pressed a kiss to his cheek. The small action left him fighting his growing smile, as his heart fluttered even at such a tiny thing.

He turned his face, so his other cheek was facing you, and waited expectantly. A playful glimmer was in his shiny eyes, and you smiled again. You leaned in to kiss this cheek too, but met Eunwoo's lips instead. He had turned his head as soon as you closed your eyes, holding the back of your neck gently to bring you two closer.

"You deceitful man." You whispered, but you barely meant it. You tried to stop the smile that grew on your face, but ultimately failed after you looked at Eunwoo again.

His presence itself just made you smile. He didn't have to do anything extra, just being in front of you was enough for your lips to curve up into a smile. You blamed it on his perfect face.