11 | ❝Love Points❞ - Eunwoo

╔══════════════════╗
LEE DONGMIN
✎ xi. love points
╚══════════════════╝

The squeak of Eunwoo's shoes on the basketball and the thump of the basketball as he dribbled it across the court were sounds you had become very accustomed to

The squeak of Eunwoo's shoes on the basketball and the thump of the basketball as he dribbled it across the court were sounds you had become very accustomed to. After starting to date the school's jock, you changed your scenery from the quietness of the library to the bustling atmosphere of the school gymnasium.

You didn't mind it that much. You would spread your work out over the bleachers, working on your many projects whilst watching Eunwoo practice. Making friends with students on the sports teams was good for you as well. You needed to "branch out", as your mom often told you, and you were finally doing it.

You had stuck to your nerdy, studious, straight-a students friend group since 2nd grade, but you were halfway through highschool now. You had taken the push yourself to show up to one of the school events but ended up spending most of it sitting by yourself and eating snacks. Eunwoo must have caught sight of you from the other side of the room, because he had joined you at your table.

One thing led to another and before you knew it you had Eunwoo falling head first for you. You weren't quite sure how you did it, or what special charms you possessed, but he was completely in love with you.

You caught yourself staring at your boyfriend as you thought about this. Your chemistry homework laid out next to you, but it was being completely neglected. You couldn't get yourself to look away from him, watching the slight sheen of sweat on his skin making his face look like it was glowing.

You watched his lips grow into a slight smirk and you knew you had been caught. You looked back at your work, pretending like you had been looking at it the whole time and hoping he wouldn't tease you about it.

But he would never give up the opportunity to tease you.

"I know I'm handsome, babe. You don't have to remind me of that fact." He said, still shooting baskets with ease.

"Don't know what you're talking about..." You mumbled back with a scoff. He stopped shooting, holding the ball between his side and arm.

"You've been studying ever since classes ended..." He started with a pout and you had your guesses as to where this was going.

"So? Finals are coming up soon anyway." You muttered, clicking your mechanical pencil for more lead. You looked back at your boyfriend and then back down. You held your breath and counted in your head, closing your eyes as you completely expected what would happen next. You were sure he was going to ask you to go out on a date in 3... 2... 1.

"Want to try shooting a hoop?"

"Sure- What?" You looked up with wide eyes. Those were not the words you expected to come out of Eunwoo's mouth. "I thought you would ask to go on a date. That's what you always ask."

Eunwoo grinned and shook his head, knowing he had tricked you into saying yes when you otherwise would've said no. He motioned you to come over to him, sly glint in his eyes making you nervous.

"What do I get out of this? I have chem homework." You complained as Eunwoo grabbed your wrist and walked you over a little bit closer than a 3-pointer range to make it easier for you.

"Come on, we both know you were not studying. And for every point you get, I'll give you a kiss, okay?"

"Hmm... convincing offer. You won't cheat me out, right?" You gave him a serious stare, studying his face to see if he was in an extra teasing mood today or would actually deliver on his promise. You couldn't quite tell because he put on an innocent look, pursing his lips and avoiding eye contact slightly.

"Fine, I'll do it. 1 kiss for every basketball in the hoop." You grabbed the ball from Eunwoo's hands, shaking your head slightly at his celebratory smile.

"Hold the ball like this," Eunwoo instructed, coming up behind you and guiding your hands, "And then flick your wrist as you aim to shoot." He whispered in your ear, sending shivers down your spine and making the tips of your ears tint red.

You nervously jumped as you tried to aim the ball in a way that would go in, but you missed horribly. Eunwoo didn't tease you, though. He caught the ball as it was bouncing back, doing some fancy dribbling before throwing it towards you to catch.

"Don't try to impress me with your fancy techniques. It won't work." You told him, eyeing the net to try to find a better angle.

"No, it will," Eunwoo commented, "It already has judging by the way you're blushing." He reached out his hand, brushing his fingers against your pink cheek softly.

"What... are you doing?" You whispered, voice caught in your throat.

Eunwoo leaned in, and your eyes shut on instinct, getting up on your tiptoes to reach his lips. But instead of the soft kiss you were expecting, you heard Eunwoo's giggles.

You opened your eyes, cheeks burning from more than just shyness now. You glared at your boyfriend and the kiss that he had taken from you.

"What? You haven't scored yet. 1 kiss for 1 point, remember?" He raised his eyebrow.

You groaned, "I've never had to work so hard for a kiss in my life." You shot the basketball again. It almost made it into the hoop, only to teeter off the edge at the last moment. You picked it up immediately, shooting again, and then again after that since you kept missing.

"You're very determined to get that kiss, huh?"

"Shh, you'll break my concentration." You tried one more time, hitting the board, but the ball seemed to refuse to go in the net.

"Let me help you." Eunwoo stepped behind you, hands on yours to guide you. You let him aim and shoot, letting go of your pride to do it all on your own. You just wanted to get that kiss by any means.

This time, the ball went in smoothly, and you were sure it was all Eunwoo's doing. You didn't give him enough time to make an excuse as you spinned around and pressed your lips to his. He kissed back without hesitating, even going so far to pick you up and spin you around once before setting you back down on your feet and breaking the kiss.

"You did well." Eunwoo said, smiling at you lovingly.

"That chem homework is never gonna get done, but who cares?" You grinned, clasping Eunwoo's hand in yours and pulling him across the gym floor.

"Where are we going?"

"On a date."

"Why all of a sudden?" Eunwoo laughed.

"Don't question it."