the night continued on with tension in the air around everyone. when the movie ended layla and conrad decided they want to go to the beach.

conrad was in the kitchen waiting for layla to walk down the stairs so they can go surfing on the beach

conrad was in the kitchen waiting for layla to walk down the stairs so they can go surfing on the beach. he loves night surfing and can't wait to bring layla to do it.

the fisher boy was busing himself getting a bottle of beer before changing when belly walked in.

"how was your hot date?" conrad asked the girl.

"excuse me? wouldn't you like to know."

"it's not my fault you literally pulled in next to me at the drive in. so if your date was shit don't blame me or layla."

"all i wanted to do was go on a date with a guy and coincidentally you all are there?"

"okay maybe jeremiah and steven did plan to ruin your date," conrad started. "but me and my girlfriend had plan's before you. so yes it was a coincidence. grow up belly."

as soon as belly said that layla walked into the room making the conklin girl roll her eyes.

"why can't you just admit you knew what you were doing!?"

"what? what was i doing? trying to spend time with layla?" conrad pulled said girl closer to him.

"sure, you were just trying to remind me you existed."

"belly i seriously don't know what you're talking about," conrad furrowed his eyebrows.

"you literally cared where i was and who i was with!"

"no i didn't care, i don't care. i dont give a rats ass," the fisher boy laughed.

"stop lying!"

"stop being so delusional!" layla joined in having enough with the girl's behavior as she tugged a shirt on.

"you can stay the fuck out if this!" belly fired.

"i was literally brought up in the conversation, conrad is my boyfriend, and i'm standing right here!"

"fine whatever, why don't you go smoke some more pot."

"why don't you keep lying to yourself and making shit up to make yourself feel better," conrad took a swig of his beer watching belly walk away.

as she went up the stairs conrad turned towards layla. "i just need to get changed then we can go."

conrad and layla were in his room getting ready

conrad and layla were in his room getting ready. layla was getting changed into her shirt and shorts as conrad was getting changed into his shirt and shorts.

when they were done conrad sat back on his bed watching his girlfriend make sure belly's gift looks perfect. even though the arguments the two girls have been getting into aren't the most fun layla already got her a gift before coming to cousins.

she quickly signed the card asking if conrad wanted to sign it.

"you know we don't usually get her cards."

layla looked at conrad shrugging. "oh well. i take that as you don't want to sign it."

"mhm."

"okay, how did yesterday go with cleveland?"

"good," conrad answered. yesterday laurel told him that there was a guy in need of sailing lessons and ended up meeting him later on in the day. "i'm going back in like an hour."

"i'll miss you," layla climbed onto her boyfriend's lap wrapping her arms around him hugging his torso.

"i'll miss you more."

"yeah right, c'mon let's go have some breakfast," the blonde girl pulled conrad off the bed and down the stairs.

"morning everyone."

everyone turned to look at belly and greeted her a 'happy birthday'.

"you're mickey mouse pancakes are ready," laurel said as she released belly from her hug.

belly quickly glanced over to conrad and layla who were sitting at the island before answering, "actually, i'm not really, uh, hungry."

"oh."

"shall we open gifts?" susannah asked the birthday girl.

"oh you're gonna love mine," jeremiah said holding his up.

everyone stood up walking into the living room holding their gifts waiting to hand them over.

belly cruised through each gift thanking each person who handed her one. everyone recited the one poem in a book that was gifted, the pearls sussanah gave were admired, jeremiah's good luch charm was added on the bracelet, and the princeton sweatshirt from steven was greatly appreciated.

it got to the time where layla would give her gift to belly. the blonde girl stood up from conrads lap and walked over to belly.

"happy birthday," layla smiled placing the bag in her hands. "from me and connie."

"oh thank you."

belly took out the card reading it to herself, having her smile fade when it was obvious conrad didn't sign her card. yeah it had his name in it but layla wrote it. the girl placed the card down and took thw tissue paper out of the bag pulling out the first thing. it was a brand new phone case with hibiscus flowers all over it. belly looked up from the present smiling at the girl and placed it next to her. belly carefully pulled out the second gift seeing a flowy pink skirt.

"thank you both," belly tightly smiled knowing it was just from the girl sitting on her boyfriend.

"uhm, so i gotta go. i promised cleveland that i'd show him some knots today so," layla stood up letting her boyfriend stand up to leave the room. "happy birthday belly."

forever
¹³²² ʷᵒʳᵈˢ