family dynamic

y/n pov

it was 10 pm and everyone had gone up to bed. lizzie let dahlia sleep in my room but said i had to leave the door open half way. i had rolled my eyes at her statement but agreed anyway.

dahlia and i were curled up together watching a puss and boots movie. neither of us were tired just yet considering we had a nap earlier. she had her arms around me holding the back of my head. it was like it was all natural for us.

"dahlia" i whispered. she hummed and i continued "what are we"

"girlfriends i hope" the way she said made me laugh a little.

"you hope?" i smiled. she laughs and nods.

"yes i hope... unless, you don't want to be?" her expression changes and she goes silent.

"oh no yes, dahlia yes of course i want to be your girlfriend" i held her face in my hands. "i've liked you ever since i met you my love"

"well good because i've loved you for much longer" she looks into my eyes a look of pure love in her eyes. her eyes flick to my lips and i lean in slowly. i pause centimetres away from her face.

"i love you dahls" the air was cold around us and yet my face felt hot. a soft scene playing in the background, i could hear the occasional car passing by outside.

"te amo cariño" she answered back tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"what?" i was honestly confused at what she said "i love you darling" she smiled kissing me again. i kiss her back passionately and she rolls over hovering ontop of me.

the next morning people had gone to go meet their families or partners at the airport. but other than that it overall was a slow morning. that was until they all got home.

a couple kids ran into the house squealing and greeting their "uncles" and "aunties". hemsworths kids ran over to dahlia and i and looked up at us with wide eyes as we were sitting at the kitchen bench.

they were very exited to be meeting us. me because i don't know i play a character in one of the shows they watch or something and my lovely dahlia because of her impeccable surfing skills.

slowly all the talk began to settle down and the mums all wanted a family photo. dave (dahls dad) instantly offered to take the photo as everyone gathered in the main area for a it.

like the other teenagers here we tried to stay sitting and out of the photo. me because i knew i looked horrible right now but everyone else was insistant. we stood in the photo next to our parents.

like all parents they wanted alot of photos so there's single family photos, photos of the littles, photos of the teens literally any photo you could think off.

today we were just settling down but tomorrow we were going to the shopping. at the shopping centre there was like arcades and escape rooms stuff like that so it was going to be an all day thing.

everyone started finding a partner to share rooms with and i was glad i only had to share with dahlia. but i did have a fold up bed in my wardrobe incase anyone else needed to bunk in here.

everyone begins to loosen up and settle down. drinks have come out and the classic dad playlist was playing from the tv speakers.

i haven't had a calm family gathering like this in atleast 10 years. because this family right here was the only family i had left.

my parents are dead my grandparents are dead i don't have cousins or anything and my ....... yeah he's dead too. so this is it. and i love it.

"hey y/n , it's nice to meet you i'm bella ruffallo" she introduced herself. i smiled and introduced myself as-well but it seems she already knew who i was.

all of us teens went outside to have our own conversation. we could still hear the music but we were just more isolated as there was a lot of people inside.

the others younger siblings kept trying to come outside and stay with us a long with scars and hemsworths kids as they were the youngest out of everyone.

in the end we only kept cosmo. there's always exceptions for the baby. he was currently sitting on my lap very interested in my necklaces.

"so what's it like having famous parents" i asked them all. as i was the only teen who didn't grow up with famous parents.

"it has its perks i will admit but otherwise it can be kinda annoying" mackies daughter said. (apparently he has 4 kids but i couldn't find names so most of this is just guessing)

all the others seemed to think the same as they hummed and nodded in agreement. dahlias mum and scarlett brought out a fruit and cracker platter at one point for us to eat as we were deep in our conversations at this point.

"so y/n/n you don't have to tell us of course but like what happened why do you live with liz and that" rdjs son asked.

dahlia looked over to me offering support if i needed it. i just smiled and started talking. "my parents weren't the best and let's just say they're long distance right now so it's easier while i'm working. plus lizzie offered first i could never just ask an a list celebrity to take me in" i laughed about it and waited until everyone was laughing to stop and take a breath. i excused myself passing dahlia cosmo and hobbled inside with the stupid crutches.

as the side door opened everyone's attention snapped towards me i smiled at them and went into the kitchen for a drink.

lizzie obviously noticing something off stands up claiming to refill her glass. "hey sweetheart, whats happening" she said tilting her head to look at me as she refills her glass.

i was glad i was staying outside. drunk family is not a happy memory.

"we were just talking and then my family was brought up. i brushed it off but i dunno. i still can't figure out how i feel about all of it"

dahlias pov.
"did we say something wrong" someone's kid said. i'm honestly not to good with names and all that.

"no. uh no it's okay. sensitive topic is all" i answered keeping it brief and looking inside where i can see lizzie and y/n talking.

"oh did i pressure her. i didn't mean to make her upset" the guy who asked the question asked.

"i'm sure it's fine, it's not my place to say how she feels right now but i'm guessing she's fine" i told the group and they all nodded talking about school experience with famous parents.

lizzie's pov
now or never. "do you want to talk to a professional about it?"

a/n
i had no ideas for ages. i am sorry.