her home

y/n pov

we finish the fish and chips having a casual conversation even if i had just met this family it felt like this was normal. well until a little girl came up to me, stopping a couple meters away. she stared at me and tilted her head. i tilted my head matching what she was doing, the little girl laughs. before what i assume to be her dad runs in and scoops her up. 

"sorry to interrupt, she probably just recognises you from her show" he apologises and walks away before i could even answer. 

"sorry" i turn back to the family. they insist it was fine laughing at the matter but once again Hayden is asking me what show i was in. "i was in a couple episodes of the thundermans when i was like 9, i dont know how she recognised me if she even did" i thought about it. did i look like my 9 year old self. i kinda hope not. 

"what this" dahlia shows me a photo of my self on the show with a shit eating grin. i launch for the phone. 

"no not the bangs" i groan trying to get it off her. she laughs and leans away. im leaning over her trying to get the phone when all of a sudden my elbow is like nuh and i fall ontop of her. she laughs even more at my fail. 

i push her face sitting up and getting the phone really analysing the photo. before closing the tab. passing the phone back. 

"alrighty kids we better head home, been here all morning and more and more people are here now" everyone agrees and its great. i really like how none of the fam is much a people person. like a no to crowds and all that. 

we all help to pack up the stuff walking back to their car. towels draped over the seats we all get in. dahlia offers me an earbud and asks what show we wanna watch. after much debate since we both suck at making decisions we end up on the owl house. 

hayden was sleeping against the other window. music was still playing from the front, her parents in a conversation about painting the house or something. without even realising it i slowly rest my head on dahlias shoulder. her other hand rested on my knee and it felt right. 

i dont know when i fell asleep but the next thing i remember was dahlia softly shaking me awake. i groan rubbing my eyes. i look around and realise we must be at her house. it was a really nice house.

we get out of the car and the family disperses to do their own thing. dahlia leads me to her room which was quite close to the front of the house. when we walk in i look around. of course i have seen her room before on face time but only parts of it and not all together. 

her room was very dahlia. a couple trophies sat on her desk not alot as in, look im an amazing surfer look at these awards but more in an i proud of these ones i dont really care what you think about them. maths homework sat open on her desk her school back next to it. so many posters were on the walls along with records. the room was perfectly decorated. her guitar and amp sat near her bed in the corner. her bed was a double with blue sheets and a couple blankets lazily thrown on the bed. 

"so you can have a shower if you want then ill show you the art studio" dahlia says i turn around to see her grinning at me. 

i have a shower first then dahlia has one complaining about having to do something to her hair. she comes out drying her hair before laying the towel over her desk chair. she was wearing boxer shorts and a hoodie i believe to be mine. i don't question it and follow her to the back of the house. as she described inside was a room with paintings on the walls 2 art easels to the back corners a table in between. that was filled with jars of brushes and paints everything you could need. infront of that was 2 benches pressed together art on them and chairs tucked underneath. to the corner just opposite the wall sat 2 pottery wheels, clay was stored in a 2 by 2 under the window and it looked like something out of a movie. 

we take one of the aprons off 2 of the hooks and put them on. dahlia much more gracefully tying hers than my failed attempt. she ends up helping me tie mine before playing some music threw a speaker starting with, i was made for loving you by KISS

"so what do you wanna make"

a/n

so want them to kiss? or nah