darling id wait for you

y/n pov

at dinner my mind wouldnt shut up. i just keep thinking about everything. like the fame thats coming with being in marvel and the whole thing with my parents its all alot. i cross my legs underneath me sitting in the chair kinda just staring ahead.

lizzies pov

i was talking with chris as he was telling me how online dating is actually useless when your famous and it was hard not to start smiling. but then i noticed y/n staring blankly ahead playing with the food on her plate. i paused my conversation with him turning to y/n.

"whats up sweetheart" i said gently, placing a hand on her knee. she let out a breath leaning back in her chair.

"just thinking" she whispered placing her fork down and drinking from her glass of water. giving me a reassuring smile. i nodded rubbing a thumb over her knee

"if you want to talk about it you can talk to me or the others yeah?" i whispered and she nodded focusing her attention back to her dinner. i give her one last look before talking to chris again.

.................

"so y/n what cars you like" robert starts a conversation.

"i dunno, all i know is when i do get a car im not getting something flashy and ew" she explained.

"what like mine" he teased causing some of the people at the table to laugh including y/n.

"no but i already have the papers for my learners (or whatever it is in your country) so ill probably just buy something cheap to learn in" she explained still not having eaten much of her dinner.

"great send over the one you want, consider it another birthday gift" he grins sending a wink.

"robert, im not letting you buy me a whole ass car for my birthday" even with the refusal robert wasn't letting it slide. "i dont need expensive gifts" she tried to protest.

"too late for that" scarlett mumbled with a laugh. the rest of dinner was full of light and funny conversations. chris E and Sebastain had a competition of catching food in their mouths from over the table others reaching their hands up to grab the flying food every now and again to annoy them.

after over an hour of the group having dinner they were finally dispersing to do their own things. when people were in their rooms or the lounge room everything quieted down.

y/ns pov

after being excused from dinner i helped clean up a bit before i was told to go relax. so i went to my room to call dahlia. she picked up instantly obviously being on her phone.

"hey babe" she smiled sitting up and putting her phone against something to prop it up. she had decorated her room a bit more adding more posters and stuff. she told me about it at school on monday.

"hi" i said quietly back with a small smile.

"whats up mi amor" she said growing concerned i dont know how she knew something was up. i just shrugged wrapping a blanket around my shoulders as the aircon was on and it was extremely cold inside and very hot outside

"overthinking" i said pausing before adding "my parents texted me" after i said that dahlias face scrunched up.

"what did they say" she said hesitantly

" 'we see you', it was when we were grocery shopping. didnt go to well" i said just kinda staring through the phone if you know what i mean. it was quiet for a second before dahlia said something.

"y/n your okay, your with lizzie, and your safe yeah?" she said softly. god i love her. i nodded taking a deep breath

"im just scared" i whispered. "anyway, tell me something" i dismissed wanting to get my mind off things.

-------------------------------------------

at 10pm i went down to the kitchen to make some cupcakes, lizzie had bought a couple boxes of cake mix earlier in case someone wanted to bake something and actually make it taste good.

still on call with dahlia she had stolen her brothers acoustic guitar and for once she was singing. she was playing the song j's lullaby and i actually melted when she started playing it. her voice my god.

"Darlin', I'd wait for you, Even if you didn't ask me to, Tie a lasso around the moon, And bring it on down to you" i could seriously listen to her sing all the time.

no one was in the kitchen or in the loungeroom, the house was quiet and it looked like it was going to rain. it really made me forget about whats happening.

"I'd bottle the feelin' you give me, And shelve that stuff for years to come, 'Cause, baby, when your arms are around me, I'd swear that I'm holding the sun "

i start to get out the ingredients for the cupcakes listening to dahlia sing. i didnt even notice when someone walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. i look over when i hear the clink of glasses and see lizzie grabbing out a cup. "lizzie listen to this" i said giving her one of the earphones. i was muted as dahlia said and i quote: i dont need to hear you ripping your ears out. i really dont get why she thinks shes not good.

" I'd give you the sun if you asked me, You could have all of the time, You could have the stars and the trees, When dividin' up the universe" lizzies face lights up and she smiles.

"shes amazing" i nodded in agreement as lizzie kissed the top of my head and said goodnight again.

dahlia kept singing and by the time she was finished the song i had finished the batter. "dahls you seriously are amazing. i need you to record you singing that and send it to me."

"it cant be that good" she shakes her head with a smile.

"love you gotta take the compliment"

a/n
nah you guys should actually listen to the song its so good

j's lullaby (darlin' id wait for you) - delaney bailey

i thank thé amazing Alianovna_Maximoff for reminding me of this brilliant song