Chapter 10

6 years ago
11 year old Skylar was standing with Christoff, looking up at him. "Papa, what're we doing here?" He asked, looking at the high clouds above him, wondering what was up there. Christoff smiled and crouched, looking at him. "Since you're getting older, it's time for you to learn some stuff. Son, there is a war going on. A war against those lowly, disgusting demons down below." He motioned to the clouds they're standing on, pointing down. The young boy sat, looking up at the man. "This war has been going on for 20 years. It's best if we defeat them as soon as possible. So that's where you come in." He smiled at the boy, as he cocked his head in confusion. He got behind Skylar, before lifting off his shirt, seeing the young boy's wings folded up. "Today, I'm gonna teach you how to fly." The man said. "Fly?" Skylar smiled, standing up in anticipation. Christoff nodded, pointing up at the sky. He took off his shirt, showing his much bigger wings. "Now, watch what I do." He unfolded his wings, letting them span out. He took a deep breath, relaxing his muscles, and in concentration, his wings started shaking, before he shot up in the air. His hair was in his face as he flew around Skylar, smiling at the boy. After a while, he landed, some of his white feathers falling. "Now you, son." The boy grinned, before mimicking his father. He made it about 5 feet in the air, before falling abruptly. Christoff rushed over, helping the boy up. "Are you okay, son?" "Yes..Dad, I don't think I can do it." He looked down at the boy. "You can. Your dad's here to help you the whole way."