Chapter 9

12 Years Ago
"Daddy?" "Yes, Skylar?" Christoff answered, as he looked at the small child. They were walking through the clouds, Skylar holding the elder's hand. Although Christoff heard the little boy, when he looked down, the boy's blond-white hair shielding his face. "You're in need for a haircut." The man said, before crouching down and moving the hair out the way, the boy's clear-blue eyes showing. Skylar nodded and grabbed his hand again, before they continued their pace. "What did you want to ask me?" He looked down at the boy, smiling. "Well..where's my mommy?" The little boy asked, wonder in his eyes. The man stopped, staring ahead at the white trees, warm air coming from them. "I..." Christoff started to answer, but couldn't get the words out. "Daddy, where is my mommy?" Skylar asked again. Christoff said nothing, before crouching, looking into the small child's eyes. "Your mommy didn't want you, son." He said quietly. He cupped the boy's cheek. "Your mommy said she didn't want you and wanted you to go away. No, no, don't cry." He said, noticing tears fall down the boy's cheeks. He kissed his forehead, before lifting him up. "She was no good anyway. She just threw you away and I got you." The boy nuzzled his head onto his shoulder, crying softly. Christoff continued walking, rubbing his back. "Don't worry. Daddy's got you."