Chapter 8

17 Years Ago
"Emma.." A male voice called out softly. "No.." A young woman's voice called out back. "Give me the baby, Emma.." The male voice said, his voice low, dangerous, but comforting in a way. A soft cry was heard and the young woman named Emma looked down at the baby in her arms. "You are not taking him from me!" "We had an agreement, Emma. You have that baby and I don't kill your husband for treason. We need him." "No!" Emma kept walking backward in the woods, her small frame barely shielding the small child. "You don't seem to understand, Emma. You're in enough trouble as it is for trying run, and you're making it worse by not handing him to me. Hand. Him. Over." The male voice growled. "Your husband was a fine warrior, up until now." Illuminated by the bright sun, two men brought out a man, battered and beaten. His eyes were closed and his breaths were ragged, his blond hair almost covered his face. "No..please.." Emma said quietly, holding the baby to her chest. "Don't hurt him..please! I won't tell anyone, just let us go!" Her bare feet stepped back. The man coughed, his body shaking with pain. "Emma..don't give him to him..don't give our son to him.." "Damon.." Emma said, tears swelling in her eyes. "Don't give away our only son!" Damon yelled, as one of both men kicked him in each knee, shattering them. He screaming in agonizing pain and fell to the ground. As he fell, a man behind Emma sneaked up and grabbed the baby boy out of her arms. "No! Give him back!" The man slapped her, before giving the crying baby to the man in charge. "Pleasure doing business with you, Emma and Damon. I'll be seeing you in prison, awaiting your trial on charges of treason." "Damn you, Christoff! You'll pay for this!" Damon yelled. "I doubt that." Christoff replied, as he walked away. "No! Bring me back my baby!" Emma yelled, as they were dragged away. "Bring me back Skylar!"